Guardsmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.4

Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about yourself?   1 Answer

Site Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Interview

At first, I called the company in reference to an ad I saw in the paper stating that positions were available between $11-14 per hour. I was told I would have to come into the office and fill out an application. I did so a few days later. I dressed up in a suit and tie, came with my credentials ready, and when the HR rep noticed that I had a Bachelor's degree, her eyes lit up. I spoke with the branch manager about a position (where I still work now) and was essentially offered a job right then and there which was contingent upon passing an irregular client interview. The process was very easy and I did not spend more than 3-4 hours at the office. Considering I basically walked away with a job, that was not too bad!

Interview Questions

• In your mind, what do you feel qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Bellevue, WA) in May 2008.

Interview

Joined a meeting at the end of the day to discuss the possibility of moving into a promotion. Two days later did the initial interview for the promotion. The following day was offered the promotion and accepted with no negotiation. The people were interested in moving quickly.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it was a contracted position with defined allocated dollars.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions

• There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application, the first application wasn't that long. The usual questions were asked considering this is a security position. The first interview was short and the woman I spoke to was very polite and was straight to the point. The second application is a booklet that takes a very long time to fill out, be prepared to provide all of your siblings information I.E. address and phone numbers. Also be prepared with 4 neighborhood references that aren't in the same house or related in any way to you and 4 professional references as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is flat out not really a lot of room to negotiate unless you have prior experience in this field specifically. Around $10 to start out

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was perhaps the easiest interview I've ever sat in. They asked a few questions regarding attentiveness and problem solving, but they acted like I already had the job just by my walking in. It wasn't even just the fact that I had an employee referral. I legitimately think they will hire anyone who doesn't have a criminal background and can pass a drug test.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2015.

Interview

I got called for an interview shortly after I applied. Maybe 1 week. I got there and it seemed very different from a normal. It was more like we were getting to know each other rather than getting to know about my credentials. Very friendly interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in security before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2014.

Interview

The process is at their office. The strange part is that the manager had interviewed me when I was wearing a track suit. I did not ever wear a suit which I highly suggest for the interview. It is good practice that way.

Interview Questions

• Can you work overnight and not fall asleep in the middle of a shift   1 Answer