Guardsmark Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guardsmark Security Officer Interview Questions

2.1

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

I don't even recall a face-to-face interview,
but this is probably the longest job-getting process I've experienced.
You'll fill out the usual forms, but also you'll spend a few hours completing a thorough psychological test (the MMPI).

Once hired--and judging from my co-workers it's not difficult--it's the easiest job you'll ever have.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a familiar face wanted in the secure area,
    but he or she did not have his or her badge or photo ID on them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guardsmark

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Rochester, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Lengthy written application approximately 40 pages. Very thorough details about previous employers and reasons for leaving those jobs. Once my initial application was reviewed I was called back by the hr person for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you was leaving my present job to come work for Guardsmark. What skills do you have that would benefit us ? Why should we choose you over another candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Walked into an office, sat down, asked a bunch of questions and then give you a bunch of paperwork and a DVD full of stuff you have to review for the paperwork questions. Once it's over they will most likely have you go to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any tattoos? Do you mind shaving before you start? Have you used drugs before? Do you have any convictions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They told me the pay and I agreed. Needed a job so whatever they were offering was good to me.

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Bay City, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

There basically was just a meeting to get all the paperwork setup and I had to go back a few times to get everything in order. Lots of paperwork to get started. Might as well take up a few days to get it all done!

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It's really simple. They are looking for corpses to work at the sites. There is a drug test, felony background check and employment history check. That is a bout it.

If you need a PERC card, they will train you, but, you will not get paid for that training.

There is a lie detector test as well. The person going through this part of the process with me guided me along and instructed me what he was going to ask and how I should answer. I don't have any convictions, substance abuse issues or any other tangible (or otherwise) reasons why I should NOT be hired, so, I had nothing to worry about anyway. But, they do coach prospective hires.

The company does allow new hires to copy off each other during the PERC training and gives the answers to them, in end, so that each and every test (or whatever) is no less than 100%.

Also, there is this long, long survey based on morals; basically, it asks like 'The last time I smoked pot was less than a month ago. True or False' or 'It's ok to come in to work five or ten minutes late a few times a month, but, document that I was on time every day. True or False'.

The whole hiring process is pathetic as the people who show up to work are usually pretty terrible. So, when it comes time to promotion, the pick of the litter is quite sad, pitiable and dismal - it is picking the least of evils.

Interview Questions

• When can you start?
      What's your work history?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Really simple and easy, sit down one on one with the hiring manager, while he repeats what you have done on the paperwork you filled out. They will ask questions about your knowledge of security and what you can provide for the company.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2015.

Interview

I got called for an interview shortly after I applied. Maybe 1 week. I got there and it seemed very different from a normal. It was more like we were getting to know each other rather than getting to know about my credentials. Very friendly interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in security before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I received a call stating I was being offered an interview. Then three days later I had the interview which was only 3 questions. After the interview, I was told they will be in touch with me. I received a call later on that day with a job offer. The job offer was contingent to me passing a drug and background test (which took a week to complete).

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Edina, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

Met at the office and worked with HR. Did a couple of easy questions and aked about availibility and wage. Did not want to be a bother so said I would work for industry standard and they gave me what other guards made. They just give everyone the same. Hard to get paid more but you don't low ball your self either.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardsmark (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

It was a basic one on one interview. Nothing difficult about it. You are asked plenty of good questions, questions that weed out the less desirables. The client even has input on who they want and don't want. If you have Law Enforcement or Military that is a big plus