Guavus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

I applied by email. HR responded that they were "really looking for someone with a very specific background" but kindly __ offered an internship __.

I am a very senior Ph.D. scientist with more than 15 years of industry experience.

How insulting is that?

What does that tell you about the level of hubris in that company and the depth of their disregard for poor job applicants like you?

The sad part: the recruiter was dead serious. She read my resume and her response was not a pre-made template.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guavus (Foster City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews. 2 rounds.

On-site interview. Met 4 people.
    1. HR. Introduce the company business.
    2. Some engineer.
    3. Some VP ( couldn't remember exactly the title). Talked about my research and resume.
    4. Lunch.
    5. Some engineer.

I expected to meet the principle data scientist, but I didn't get to see her.

I got the printed out schedule for the interviewers. After two round interviews, the HR thought I was done and was about to let me pack and leave......

It's been 2 months and I didn't get any feedback. Too bad.

Interview Questions

• Big data related question. Hadoop system. Top K record selection. External merge sort. Very basic JAVA questions: anonymous class. Implement some function.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled and at the specified time the recruiter did not call me. I waited about 25 minutes called the recruiter to inquire and he sounded a bit annoyed and made up an excuse about not being able to find my number (which is listed on my resume), then rescheduled later that day. He also flaked on the rescheduled phone interview and didn't call back. I emailed about it and haven't received a response.

All of this has left a terrible impression of the company on me. If you're not interested in interviewing with a candidate you should not contact them for a phone screen and then flake twice. It's completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• no questions because the recruiter couldn't return calls he scheduled   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone call followed by an onsite interview with 4-5 rounds of interview. The questions are pretty straight forward. I wasn't prepared well for the interview. Its usually pertaining to data structures, optimization techniques and SQL. The engg team in San Mateo is very small and the crux of the work is done in India. The team in San Mateo seems to be doing mostly prototyping work and customer specific feature modification. Didn't get much positive feel from the interview, the hiring manager talked about technical debts issues araised out of rapi prototyping and lots of co-ordination between remote teams as one of the challenges. The workplace felt pretty quiet and laid back for a startup. He also spoke about employee burnouts and tight deadlines.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

My first round was telephonic round of about an hour ,After clearing that got a call for F2F at Guavus Office gurgaon, there I had 4 round for about 1 hour each , questions were based on Data structure , Algo , JAVA , and my project's . Question's were easy and people were good to . I answered all the questions correctly in these interview . After this the last interviewer asked me that there response is positive for me but final decision will be taken by Director of tech team , as he's on leave today he will take a telephonic inertview tommorow.
    For the final round I got a call from the head , he asked me a puzzle(solved) and a string anagram question , i couldn't explain him the anagram question correctly , so i messed up the interview.
     Overall the whole process was good and learned alot from the interview process, it's not the end, worked on my weaknesse after the interview with the head .

Interview Questions

• Telephonic :
      1) Checked n Unchecked exception
      2) garbage collection in java
      3) comparable and comparator
      4) serializable n externalizable
      5) transcend
      6) interface can be final ?
      7) abstract class
      8) static
      9) 2 Linked list questions
      and many more core java questions
      Round 1:
      1) Code for singleton implementaion
      2) Loop in linked list
      3) producer n consumer problem( threads) code
      there were 3-4 more easy question on data structure to code
      Round-2
      1) vertical sum of binary tree
      2) implement stack with queue
      3) given very large file, find the duplicate lines in it.
      4) a codeing question from hackerrank , gave me his laptop to read the question from that and code .
      5) question on lnked list i dont rember
      Round-3:
      1) project disscussion , the person had good knowledge and had a good deep discussion on my projects
      2) Some tree question , i dont rember
      3) Some DP question , dont rember.
      Round-4:
      1) Again discussion on project , the person had good knowledge about different technologies, discussion went on for about 30-40 min on different design patterns and all.
      2) question to form a structure with given bricks.
      Final telephonic round :
      1) brief discussion about previous job
      2) puzzle - scooter with 3 tyres , how far it can go . asked to generalize it . one way was to add the life of each tyre and divide by 2 but that doesn't work in for 1,1,10 so before genarlizing the solution corner cased need to be addressed.
      3) Given a Dictionary , find the anagrams of a word in constant time.   Answer Question

Software Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gur Gram (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (Gur Gram (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is an aptitude test of 1 hr is followed by a lunch break and time is given to have a tour of the company and talk to people who about their experience and I got positive response from everyone. Test is followed by a technical interview and the result is declared the next day. Overall a good experience .

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

Three interviews. First one you talk about yourself, answer some technical questions and then you ask questions. Then they send you a take home exercise(very hard). The second interview is about the take home, you explain what you did and they ask more technical questions. Third interview is with HR/management.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guavus (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got onsite from HR's email.

"I don't know what position will be for you." This is the first words I was told. "Where's your university? Is it in Canada?" (yes, it's a Canadian university) followed several simple technical questions on SQL and BASH.

The interview gave me a feeling its HRs really want to make some progress in hiring, but the teams don't have empty positions. Also, it seems to hire a number of idiots.

Basically, the interview was wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's the command to list all running processes?   2 Answers

Senior Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a very bad experience with interview process at Guavus
    - HR were not aware of the actual job profile. They called me up for some position which was not matching with my profile. Later they called me up again for another position. Infact they asked me to inquire about the position/profile with the management during interview process.
    - HR were not in sync with Management. They asked me for the interview feedback (like how much time it took, what questions were asked).
    - HR didn't even bother to provide the final result of interviews even after repeated calls. I had to call the respective manager, who took my interview, to get to know the final decision.
    - All interviews could have been done in 1 or 2 days. But yhey stretched interviews over more than 10 days, and that too only when I approached them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
    Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
    First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
    Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
    Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
    Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.