Guavus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

One round of interview..Data related questions, few programming questions, overall easy interview, questions about previous projects, scenario based and situation specific questions, relatively easy as compared to other companies, small company, good work environment

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

lengthly and protracted interview process, lots of phone screens leading to face to face interviews.
    Interviews themselves were okay and not too difficult. People were friendly, though usually late for the interviews but that was the norm for most people. Good conversations around experience, projects worked on and delivered. typical soft skills related questions

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

I applied by email. HR responded that they were "really looking for someone with a very specific background" but kindly __ offered an internship __.

I am a very senior Ph.D. scientist with more than 15 years of industry experience.

How insulting is that?

What does that tell you about the level of hubris in that company and the depth of their disregard for poor job applicants like you?

The sad part: the recruiter was dead serious. She read my resume and her response was not a pre-made template.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guavus (Foster City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews. 2 rounds.

On-site interview. Met 4 people.
    1. HR. Introduce the company business.
    2. Some engineer.
    3. Some VP ( couldn't remember exactly the title). Talked about my research and resume.
    4. Lunch.
    5. Some engineer.

I expected to meet the principle data scientist, but I didn't get to see her.

I got the printed out schedule for the interviewers. After two round interviews, the HR thought I was done and was about to let me pack and leave......

It's been 2 months and I didn't get any feedback. Too bad.

Interview Questions

• Big data related question. Hadoop system. Top K record selection. External merge sort. Very basic JAVA questions: anonymous class. Implement some function.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled and at the specified time the recruiter did not call me. I waited about 25 minutes called the recruiter to inquire and he sounded a bit annoyed and made up an excuse about not being able to find my number (which is listed on my resume), then rescheduled later that day. He also flaked on the rescheduled phone interview and didn't call back. I emailed about it and haven't received a response.

All of this has left a terrible impression of the company on me. If you're not interested in interviewing with a candidate you should not contact them for a phone screen and then flake twice. It's completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• no questions because the recruiter couldn't return calls he scheduled   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone call followed by an onsite interview with 4-5 rounds of interview. The questions are pretty straight forward. I wasn't prepared well for the interview. Its usually pertaining to data structures, optimization techniques and SQL. The engg team in San Mateo is very small and the crux of the work is done in India. The team in San Mateo seems to be doing mostly prototyping work and customer specific feature modification. Didn't get much positive feel from the interview, the hiring manager talked about technical debts issues araised out of rapi prototyping and lots of co-ordination between remote teams as one of the challenges. The workplace felt pretty quiet and laid back for a startup. He also spoke about employee burnouts and tight deadlines.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guavus (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The interviewing process is mostly with just the people you would be working with. HR is barely involved. Personally I find that positive because it gives you more opportunity to get to know the people you will work with. Interviews are a two way street.

Interview is technical but focus on web technologies and database technologies.

Take home test is hard but gives you an idea of what level they operate at.

The company is spread across several locations and doesn't have a company wide standardizing interviewing strategy.

Senior Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guavus (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

2 Interviews:
    1st - Describing previous experiences and try to understand the profile.
    2nd - Technical questions, verbal, some of them tricky, fun and css test.

For the senior frontend position, they do questions about the new trends in javascript, best practices, explain and decompose a concept that I know very well. In my case I spoke about redux, and the differences between redux, flux and mvc.
    Careful, you have to know what you're talking about, my interviewer knew many of those concepts.
    Also the second interview was more verbal, questions about the Array.prototype, how to iterate to map, filter, reduce are basic. CSS was simple, so if you think CSS is your expertise that will be easy.

If you have an angular background they make you explain angular terms, like services, controllers, modules, directives.

Interview Questions

• - Basics of CSS
      - JS transpilers (babel, typescript)
      - package managers (npm, yarn)
      - Array.prototype methods
      - ES2015 and ES2016 definitions
      - Date.prototype methods
      - AngularJS
      - Task managers (gulp, grunt)
      - Bundlers (Browserify, Webpack, Rollup)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I did it through a recruiter, I didn't negotiate directly, my recruiter negotiate the bonus percentage and the vacations weeks. I gave numbers before the process started and my recruiter was telling what they could do for me.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

More onto technical side, with some writing. Checked knowledge about unix commands. Had to edit documents on the spot. the HR round was pretty grilling. There was a Pyschometric test also which you should not play around with . Rest all was fine

Software Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gur Gram (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (Gur Gram (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there is an aptitude test of 1 hr is followed by a lunch break and time is given to have a tour of the company and talk to people who about their experience and I got positive response from everyone. Test is followed by a technical interview and the result is declared the next day. Overall a good experience .