Guavus Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

One round of interview..Data related questions, few programming questions, overall easy interview, questions about previous projects, scenario based and situation specific questions, relatively easy as compared to other companies, small company, good work environment

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled and at the specified time the recruiter did not call me. I waited about 25 minutes called the recruiter to inquire and he sounded a bit annoyed and made up an excuse about not being able to find my number (which is listed on my resume), then rescheduled later that day. He also flaked on the rescheduled phone interview and didn't call back. I emailed about it and haven't received a response.

All of this has left a terrible impression of the company on me. If you're not interested in interviewing with a candidate you should not contact them for a phone screen and then flake twice. It's completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• no questions because the recruiter couldn't return calls he scheduled   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone call followed by an onsite interview with 4-5 rounds of interview. The questions are pretty straight forward. I wasn't prepared well for the interview. Its usually pertaining to data structures, optimization techniques and SQL. The engg team in San Mateo is very small and the crux of the work is done in India. The team in San Mateo seems to be doing mostly prototyping work and customer specific feature modification. Didn't get much positive feel from the interview, the hiring manager talked about technical debts issues araised out of rapi prototyping and lots of co-ordination between remote teams as one of the challenges. The workplace felt pretty quiet and laid back for a startup. He also spoke about employee burnouts and tight deadlines.