Guckenheimer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.7

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Attended a job fair, had already completed application online and was given a face to face interview by an area manager. Interview was relaxed was offered snacks and water.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about how I manage operational costs.   1 Answer

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guckenheimer.

Interview

Fill out application online. Get emailed or called back within 2-3 weeks to set up a phone interview. Phone interview is about 30 minutes long. Then called back for in person interview with D.O., Executive Chef and Area Manager. This interview determines whether you get the job or not so make sure to stand out and give it your all. They look for enthusiasm in people. If it last less than 30 minutes that means you did not get the job. If it last about an hour or long then you most likely landed the position.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?
      Where have you worked?
      Are you familiar with this style of dining?
      Whats your culinary background?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guckenheimer.

Interview

The application was easy, and the interview process was fine. They asked you very basic questions, and at the time I was the only applicant for the position, so I was offered the job outright in the first interview. Unfortunately managers do hire their friends and acquaintances even if there is a better qualified person for the job.

Chef Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was scheduled the day before so little prep time given. One on one interview with area manager was at one of their cafe locations. Good interviewer, relaxed environment. The interview lasted for about one hour in total.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

A month of working interview. This is all i can think of because no one ever trained me. and they never paid for your travel time. I was being paid through an agency for a while and when i told them i'm just going to accept offer somewhere else since i've been doing working interview for a month, they hired me after.

Catering Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guckenheimer.

Interview

I applied online, communicated online, interviewed a different location than I was supposed to work at by a different manager. The job was offered via online letter with a time and place to show up and work after the drug test and background check cleared. I showed up, waited in the office for the manager to show up for two hours, and got sent home because she was confused as to my status. Was called back in when she finally figured it out. I should have not returned, in hindsight, Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None. They don't seem to care how much skill/education/experience someone has.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long. There was no negotiation as far as wage.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Short Sit-Down with management. One-on-one. In this particular interview, I didn't do a lot of talking. Instead the interviewer did most of the talking and managed to let slip some information about the company that may have been on the confidential side.

I needed the job, so I took it.

Interview Questions

• What job do you want here?   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Area Manager Debbie Castro and Regional Chef Pete Rukule. Had a working interview at their Google account. Had to prepare two dishes of my choice with what was available in the kitchen and present to the Regional "chef". Ended up not being offered the sous position supposedly because my dishes weren't considered up to their quality of a sous chef. Accepted the position anyways for the hours, but after a year of making uninspired food, left and returned to the restaurant world, and for more money too

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about why I was applying and what I was looking to do at Guckenheimer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You apply for a position, have an interview, then a working interview, do the background/drug test thing, and then you are offered a position VIA EMAIL!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes then scheduled me to meet with Area Manager in person the following day. Most questions on both interviews dealt with being able to manage finances and meet budget expectations. Lots of questions also dealing with client relationship and ways to achieve a satisfied client.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you handle an adversarial relationship with a client contact that seemingly cannot be pleased. Were you able to turn that relationship around? How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made via emailed letter.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guckenheimer (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume and application online. Received a phone call and interview a couple of weeks later. Scheduled a meeting with area manager and came in for 1 on 1 interview with them and their boss. Also took personality and IQ test. Also completed paperwork for background and drug screening. Got a call about 2 weeks later with a verbal offer. Later I was mailed an official offer with a start date and time.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your previous employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy, they made an offer that was in line with my career field that was very competitive to other companies