Guess? Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guess? Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and received a call from the Store Manager 3 weeks later. A lot of the questions were geared toward previous management experience and certain reactions to different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took a risk as a manager?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an employee that did not follow direction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

It was about 30 minutes tops. Basic question. All about selling the brand and labels. The jeans are great, not complaining. Always stay on trend. Nothing boring. Was also during store hours, it might be a group interview or one on one. IF ITS A GROUP INTERVIEW SIT IN THE MIDDLE! That way you draw in the attention

Interview Questions

• What is your sense of style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess? (Downey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy and friendly approach from the employer. She really knew how to make it flow seamlessly and had a bubbly friendly attitude. As a good interviewer should. We started sharing past stories and I got her laughing.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses and what are your opportunities?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your current business.   1 Answer
    • How do you control shrink (Los Prevention)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't really negotiate. They offer you the position with a pay rate and you can either choose to accept or decline the position with that offer. (This includes salary, benefits, etc.)

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Skokie, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

confortable, fun and informative. interview process was standard. entire should be fashion/ business based. examples such as stories or awards are essential. sense of urgency is huge with this company and high energy is a must .

Interview Questions

• how do you motivate others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate as well as re negotiation during mid year reviews

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (San Marcos, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was face to face with the store manager. The second interview is with the district manager. My interview was over the phone, but it could also be a personal visit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an employee that was not strong in completing a task you assigned them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take the low ball offer. Try to negotiate higher because it is likely they will meet you closer to what you are asking for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess? in March 2015.

Interview

Very brief asked the basic interview questions. Didn't last very long, the manager seemed very unprepared. also had to create 2 outfits as a activity, they didn't ask for an explanation as to why you choose them or to try to sale the outfit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? in January 2015.

Interview

You interview with the Regional Loss Prevention Manager through a phone interview and then with the District Manager. The interview process was simple since I was already working for the company as an associate.

Interview Questions

• What can you do as a manger to minimize loss on the sales floor   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was very easy - especially if you're hired in internally. I was previously a sales associate before I got hired in and that was even simpler. Becoming an assistant manager, I went through 3 interviews:
    1st: District Manager
    2nd: Area Brand Manager
    3rd: Loss Prevention Manager

My district manager helped me a lot with my questions and my interview with them was basically a prep for the ABM. Talking with the ABM, she asked basic questions (through the phone) like: what I believe the CEM (manager) role intakes, what my strengths and weaknesses were, goals I have set for the store, etc. She was so friendly and very easy to talk to. It made the interview feel like I was talking to my mother! Talking to the Loss Prevention manager was a breeze as well. If you are being hired internally, they will ask you about what you've learned over the past years or so with Loss Prevention from your managers and will ask about shrink, etc. If you're being hired in externally, I would assume it's basic theft questions. i.e. "how would you prevent internal/external theft?" "What are the causes?"

Overall, you've got nothing to worry about. There may be curveball questions, but you can handle it. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY INTERVIEWING!

Interview Questions

• There's not really any difficult questions if you take time to think! When I was talking to my District manager, she kept asking me questions in detail about the question she just asked. She wanted me to go more in depth with my answers and right there is the hardest thing to do when you're nervous during an interview. Just breathe and relax. Take time to think about your answer before you burst right into word vomit and you'll be okay!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess? (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

All candidates must go through two interviews, with two different managers. There are no concrete requirements for employment, such as experience or education.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this job was trying to attain sales goals and tasks that were unattainable, and having that used as leverage to not be promoted.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I applied within the store the manager happened to be there and she took my application; by the time I made it to my car she called to set up an interview which was about a week later. The interview was a small group interview of 6 six people, it was very short and laid back. I heard back from them within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was actually the toughest part because pay is ALWAYS negotiable even if they tell you it's not, IT IS never take the first offer. It took about an hour to reach an agreement but finally we did.