Guess? Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guess? Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guess? (Orland Park, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

After seeing an opening on-line for Guess in the mall, I sent my resume to the appropriate e-mail as listed on-line. The next few days I got a call to set up an interview. I met with (who I thought was the store manager), the Co-Manager. She asked me to fill out an application and agree to a background check. She interviewed me in the mall. She asked the basic questions, what do you know about Guess.. tell me about yourself..., tell me about a time when..., how would you handle... Then she asked if I had any questions. After asking my questions, she explained she was the co-manager and the store manager was off and wouldn't be back for a few days. She told me she would talk to the store manager and if they decide to go further I would be invited for a second interview. She also told me there were 3 different levels of management, assistant managers, a co-manager, and a store manager. The store environment was quiet, no customers, and neatly merchandised. The interviewer wore a mini skirt, knee boots, and a lace shirt. I may have been dressed wrong because I haven't gotten a call back, I wore a black suit, white shirt.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Guess (as a company)?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had an associate they always had trouble making their sales goal, and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work for Guess.   Answer Question
  • Would you have a problem with speaking to an associate for bad behavior? Would you have a problem firing someone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guess? (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Manager position posted online in person and scheduled an interview a couple of days afterward. The interview seemingly went well and I was specifically told that, unlike other retail employers, G by Guess prides itself on treating employees and applicants respectfully. After the end of my interview I was told that I would receive a call within three days regardless of whether or not I would be given the position. A few weeks passed and I could really even care less to call them back.

P.S. I was told at my interview that an Assistant Manager is simply a glorified Sales Associate who coaches the Sales Associates with the latest promotions and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you suggested an idea at a previous job which failed and how you learned from it.   Answer Question