Guess? Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guess? Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guess? (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Basic Questions, Store Manager was very friendly. The store volume is 3.6 and they have a lot of freedom to merchandise. Very visual and the company is bery nurturing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guess? (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was reached out to by the Store Manager to come in and get a feeling out. Went great and loved the atmosphere! Was called not a day later to come back and meet the District manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ARE willing to compete with competitors salaries! Looked at what I had wanted, laughed and said you're worth more. What a way to get someone motivated, right?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I applied in an actual store for a management position. I happen to give my application to a hiring manager and he told me that I would be contacted shortly. Sure enough, 30 minutes later the District Manager called me and wanted to set up a personal interview! I met with the DM and she gave me a very relaxed and thorough interview. I was offered the job 1 day later. She even paid me more than I expected coming from a much larger company. I trained for 1 week and they paid me for that time and were very thorough with the company's expectations.

Interview Questions

• there were no surprises. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they offered me more than what i expected them to.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I met one on one with the Store Manager for my first interview. My second interview was with the Store manager of another location. My third interview was over the phone with the District Manager. The questions were all very direct and to be expected. I was asked about my past work experience, why I was interested in working for the company, what I could bring to the store, ect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for a better wage than offered, but looking back I wish that I had. they offer low, but there is always some wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was like most retail interviews questions about sales numbers people skills product knowledge interests in the company long-term situations where id have to answer what I would do there're a lot of confrontation questions dealing with internal and external customers as they call them

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest weakness that is applicable to the position you are applying for   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation what I put down for my minimum pay they approved and would not go up at all and when I applied I put the minimum that I could afford because I didn't want to scare them away

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Promoted from within the company. Asked to interview for the position after being top performer at multiple locations.

Interview Questions

• Would I feel comfortable firing former peers, and remodeling the structure of the store.   Answer Question