Guess? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.2

294 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied online and received an automated email that they were reviewing my application. A few days later I got another automated email saying they didn't have any openings for me. But then, a couple weeks later I still got a call to come in for a group interview! During the interview, the manager was very nice and approachable. The questions asked were straightforward and easy. I didn't have to pick out any outfits for the interview either. In the end, the manager said by next week, she'll give us a call to let us know if we got the job. If we don't receive a call, she said assume the position was given to someone else! Hopefully I get it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (McAllen, TX).

Interview

It was a group interview. The manager ask us simple questions like tell me about yourself? What do you do in your free time? Why do you want to work with us?

Interview Questions

• What do you think about guess?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I was contacted through email about an opening for an analyst position. We set up a phone interview however on the day and time of the interview, I received a late email stating that it needed to be rescheduled. That was fine with me and I replied back twice with a new time and never heard from the HR coordinator again. This was very unprofessional and a courtesy email stating they found someone else or were not interested would have sufficed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Glendale, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other people, even though there were supposed to be more. A manager took us into the back room and we all sat at a table. The manager asked us about ourselves and we each took turns telling one another and then we had to remember what the others said and repeat it back. There were typical interview questions about experience and what we would do in certain situations. Towards the end of the interview we had to pick an outfit and then describe to the manager how we would sell it to a customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet customers if the store was really busy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Edinburgh, IN).

Interview

I applied online and they called me for an interview probably around 2 weeks later.
    It was so incredibly laid back, I felt really comfortable. They took me to the storage room (as most clothing stores will), they joked with me and interacted with their other employees while I was being interviewed.
    Everyone was very friendly and I kind of got the sense that the employees liked me. The whole interview lasted probably 15 minutes. I was not asked to pick an outfit in the end. The manager told me they would have to send something to corporate saying they wanted to hire me, and I got an email later that night with a digital contract giving them permission to run a background check on me. After the background check is done I believe I will either get an email or a phone call asking me to come back in and sign the papers for everything and then we'll be set.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous job.   1 Answer
    • What celebrity has a style you would say is most similar to yours?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time either in your work or in your school that you felt a major sense of accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • Asked me about my availability-   Answer Question
    • If you greeted a customer and they didn't respond, how would it make you feel?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond if you offered a customer help in shopping and they replied with "just browsing"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Davenport, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first asked to talk about myself and the things I liked, second question was about a situation and how I would resolve it, and third was how would I approach a customer if they didn't respond to me helping them and lastly I was asked to pick an outfit for a specific event

Interview Questions

• What's a situation school/work related where you had to be in a group and you had to pull more of the slack than the rest, what happened? How did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy interview process. No crazy unexpected questions.
    First interview was over the phone with a recruiter.
    The next two interviews where over Skype.
    Took well over a month to hear if I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess? (Brandon, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I walked into my local G by Guess store and asked if they were hiring for part time employees. The first two times, they were not but by the third they were impressed with my persistence and I got an interview on spot that day. The whole process was less than 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions. It was overall very straight forward and simple.

Interview Questions

• Why Guess? How would you handle an irate customer? How do you handle having to multitask?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was sold on the Internship experience at Guess. A lot of information was provided but most importantly, the company fostered and nurtured talent at the time. I was interviewed by the recruiting department, operations manager, designer, and design director at the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Guess?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Group interview very basic and easy. Simple questions to determine whether you'd fit the culture. Each person was asked the same question and shared their responses amongst the group. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer