Guess? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The process was quick and simple. A group interview was conducted twice before we were called with an offer. Participants were asked to answer the same question in the group interview. Be prepared so that you can present a polished answer and standout in the group.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you look to for current trends? How do you remain current with fashion trends? Why do you want to work for Guess Inc.? How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guess? (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I went in out of pure gumption, sat with the HR manager five minutes after saying i wanted to apply. She gave me a 10 min interview, and handed me the application afterwards. It seemed very positive, and funny thing, I came in an hour earlier then a group interview, if i would have came in 30 minutes later, i would have been pooled into that interview, I'm glad I took the chance!

Interview Questions

• Do you own any Guess Jeans?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess? (Elmhurst, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

there were 2 interviews. the first interview was with the loss prevention manager (group interview). the second interview was with the store manager (also group interview). before i left she stopped a few of us to start paperwork on the spot so we could start working asap. (this was during the holiday season so they were hiring a lot more people.)

Interview Questions

• Where do you find fashion/trend inspiration from?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Visual Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Saw multiple people in one visit, which was great so I didn't have to drive back and forth for each interview. Turned that I wasn't qualified for the position but they referred me to the manager who was hiring for a junior graphic design position. I was already driving off the lot and the recruiter called me right back to interview on the spot.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then I came in and met with the recruiter and then 2 hiring managers. All took about 2 weeks and I was shortly hired after that.
    Interview was not difficult, about average.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess? (Downey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy and friendly approach from the employer. She really knew how to make it flow seamlessly and had a bubbly friendly attitude. As a good interviewer should. We started sharing past stories and I got her laughing.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses and what are your opportunities?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your current business.   1 Answer
    • How do you control shrink (Los Prevention)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't really negotiate. They offer you the position with a pay rate and you can either choose to accept or decline the position with that offer. (This includes salary, benefits, etc.)

Backstock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. Met with the Assistant Manager first who then gave my resume to the General Manager. General Manager asked about my previous work history, skills, what my main goal is within the company, and if I currently attend school. Got a second interview with the Backstock Manager and proceeded with basically the same questions and started the paperwork shortly after.

Interview Questions

• If i have had any previous experience in Retail and Sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess? (El Paso, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back and dynamic. It a was in a group setting and they asked each of us to go around the store and put together an outfit for a specific iccassion

Interview Questions

• What do I care about as a costumer. And to tell about a bad and a good shopping experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Guess? (Sunrise, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Disgusting example of power whilst in position. Hiring manager did not hold interview, so it was picked up by the sales manager.
    it was a group interview but then turned 1o1 when an applicant mentioned he was related to one of the employees and got friendly with the sales manager.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

You must go through a few interviews, as is typical in retail. As long as you are respectful and confident but not cocky, you are off to a good start. You start with the DM and then the RM. I personally expressed my passion for the brand and made sure I dressed like I already had the job. I was offered the job a couple days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to improve the store?   1 Answer