Guess? Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the same day they call me for an interview for the next following day. I came in, I was the first. I waited about 20 -30min until they actually interviewed me(I did came in early).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you? Tell me about your style? If you were to work where will you be most comfortable with? What's your availability? Tell me something about the brand? What's customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied and a few days later got called in for a group interview. My advice is be in the middle of the group and answer questions first to stand out. Be out spoken. Show you are shy. Be confident

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in a few years? What would you do if a customer wants to return an item but their 30 day period has passed? What would you do if you think you see a customer trying to steal? How would you greet a customer? Etc. mainly scenario questions. They want to see if youre a good fit for the type of role. You can read about what to do but its mainly common sense.   Answer Question

Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami Beach, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was in the back office... close to the stock room... only one manager interview me ... asked about me, my job experience. I waited 1 hour for him so I can get interviewed. gave me bunch of papers. told me about his life and how long his being working there. etc

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I went to the store picked up an application. I dropped it off and then HR called me to set up an interview about 2 days later.

Backstock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. Met with the Assistant Manager first who then gave my resume to the General Manager. General Manager asked about my previous work history, skills, what my main goal is within the company, and if I currently attend school. Got a second interview with the Backstock Manager and proceeded with basically the same questions and started the paperwork shortly after.

Interview Questions

• If i have had any previous experience in Retail and Sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Guess? (Sunrise, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Disgusting example of power whilst in position. Hiring manager did not hold interview, so it was picked up by the sales manager.
    it was a group interview but then turned 1o1 when an applicant mentioned he was related to one of the employees and got friendly with the sales manager.

Sales Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. During the interview, management asked each of the potential applicants to create and sell them an outfit. The process lasted under 30 minutes. There were also personality questions asked, such as what superpower would you have. They also asked what was your last best experience like shopping for clothes.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any one superpower, what superpower would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Group interview in the middle of the store, by the fitting rooms, where people walk by

Interview Questions

• You only have eighty dollars, buy a full outfit and convince me to sell it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was within group. They just told us all the discounts and pay.

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guess? (Pembroke Pines, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied and got a call back two days later for an interview. They didn't mention that it would be a group interview but it was. The group was about 6 or 7 people. We all grabbed chairs and sat in the food court in a circle. It was early so no one was there yet. The interviewer was pretty young. I think she was a junior in college. She started off the interview talking about Guess first and then she told us a bunch of random facts about herself which I thought was weird until she asked everybody else to do the same. Everyone talked about themselves and then she asked us what animal we would be if we could. That was it. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes but they also ran a background check. They called me back at another location the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had gotten a higher offer from another store and when I told them they moved my hourly rate up by a dollar.