Guess? Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a group setting. Would ask group questions then individual questions.
The interview itself was not long. I heard back the next day if I was hired or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess? (Elmhurst, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

there were 2 interviews. the first interview was with the loss prevention manager (group interview). the second interview was with the store manager (also group interview). before i left she stopped a few of us to start paperwork on the spot so we could start working asap. (this was during the holiday season so they were hiring a lot more people.)

Interview Questions

• Where do you find fashion/trend inspiration from?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The first round was a group interview. It was really chill and kind of fun. The manager asked who we admired in the fashion industry and why we were wearing the outfits we choose. After that you got called for a one on one with the hiring manager to talk about salary, hours, stuff like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Interview

First there was a group interview, where a worker asked us questions like what are we most passionate about, what is one word to describe ourselves, and how would we greet a costumer. After this I received a follow up interview with the manager where she asked why I would be a good fit, what would I do if someone higher up was doing something wrong, what would be my selling strategy, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative shopping experience you've had and how would that shape your sales strategy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was polite and professional. Everything went very well, it was a seamless process. We had a good, positive, friendly rapport. I went to the store and asked for an application. I filled it out and returned it that day. I was called in the next day, interviewed and hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my fashion style and which brands I was loyal to.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? in July 2014.

Interview

I met one of the managers at a job fair and she just did a brief interview with me asking me just a few questions (If I've had retail experience or not, where I previously worked, why I left) typical stuff just to get a feel for it. she didn't get back to me for a few weeks, but when she did I was offered a job as a sales associate. everything there is fast paced. I didn't need a second interview but I'm not sure how that goes if you just walk in and apply

Interview Questions

• Did I know what my "color" was? there's a color test apparently and I took it upon being hired and it basically just lets others know how to work with you and what works with your personality   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guess? (Hagerstown, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

They asked me to wear casual clothes that fit the store's style and culture. The questions were basic. They want to know what you think of current styles and how you explain your own style. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 current styles for men? Women?
      What do you look to be a style in the next (future) season?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guess? in February 2014.

Interview

Casual walk through mall with a manager. Really just trying to get to know you and your interests and explaining the Guess lifestyle. They want someone who will represent the brand well and who likes their clothes so that you can better sell them.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the use of open-ended questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess? (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (Skokie, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate.