Guggenheim Partners Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guggenheim Partners Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Guggenheim Partners

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

After two phone interviews I made it to the superday. The process was slightly disorganized and everyone seemed very busy. Nice group of guys overall and really knew their stuff. Very technical interview questions, though not as difficult as firms like Houlihan Lokey and Moelis. Fit was very important as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you add minority interest to enterprise value?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Guggenheim Partners

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview

It was two rounds. 1st round on campus. 2nd in office with 3 30 minute interviews. 1 technical, 2 behavioral. Technical questions were easy. Behavorial involved stress test on many of the questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, few emails with HR, call with an analyst, then invited for NY superday. Straight forward process, all very polite. Superday interview was significantly harder than phone interviews. One on one with analyst, all technical, no behavioral or "fit" questions. Great experience with the company and interviewers though.

Interview Questions

• basic technical questions, with a few LBO analysis questions... two portfolios, evaluate... each choose one, brainteaser at the end   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was quick. I had one phone interview then a superday. The superday was just 3 30 minute interviews. The behavioral and technical interviews were pretty easy. The last interviewer the person played devil's advocate for everything I said. It was difficult, and the person was pretty rude.

Interview Questions

• If you could merge two companies, which would you merge and why?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Online application and in person super day in NY office. Nice offices, people looked tired. Spoke to one person for about 30 mins. Didn't make it past first round, if I remember correctly was supposed to be 2 technical interviews and then if you passed those a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were to see if you could on the spot apply basic financial, valuation, and accounting concepts pretty much off the top your head. Requires more than definitions, walk throughs, must be able to see multiple connections   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

One 30 minutes phone screening interview followed by a super day in the office. The super day was 3 30 minute interviews spread out throughout the day with a decision coming later on in the evening.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions from the study guides and a few fit questions (i.e., why banking, why the firm)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-grounds recruiting. I had an on-grounds interview and was invited for final rounds interviews at their New York office. Final rounds interviews were 3 30 minute interviews. One tech, one behavioral, and one conversational with the MD. The techs were rather generic although the behavioral questions were creative and intensive.

Interview Questions

• What is one pop culture phenomenon that you think influenced your desire to do investment banking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 super day with entire team (around 12 employees), typical technical banking questions, personality questions. Great collegial, open culture. Small team, intimate, work hard and closely with other members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then networked with a few of the current analysts. Got the superday e-mail and went to the New York office. First round was 35 minutes of technicals, followed by multiple other interviews (primarily fit/behavioral). Questions were not directly from online sources, rather what drives the technical metrics (EBITDA, comps), pros/cons for different valuations, FCF pros/cons, etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Take me through ways to increase EBITDA
      2. Why would you want to use debt/equity/cash to finance?
      3. Ways to increase FCF   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Expanding rapidly and poaching top performers from bulge brackets. Got referral and sent my resume in the morning and they moved quickly. Phone screen that same day and received a super day invitation that evening. Worked with me to schedule an ideal time. Very down to earth interviewers who were clearly looking for fit with the firm and took a lot of pride in their work culture.

Interview Questions

• What are four weaknesses, since I know you prepared for three?   Answer Question
    • Can a company have negative stockholders equity? If so, why?   Answer Question
    • LBO scenario: is it better to take out a 100k loan and pay it off in even installments throughout five years using the target's revenues or to issue a 100k bullet 5 year bond?   Answer Question
    • What do you bring to the table in a team?   Answer Question
    • If you add 10 dollars of depreciation, explain how that affects all financial statements.   Answer Question