Guggenheim Partners Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guggenheim Partners Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an interview in November through an employee referral. First round (phone) interview was half fit half technical. Easy questions. Second round was a lot more technical. The interviewer was condescending and somewhat entitled. Be ready for technicals not in the M&I guides. Superday was mainly fit.

Interview Questions

• What are the three methods to value a company?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite industry's average EBITDA multiple? What about the P/E multiple?   Answer Question
  • What deals have you recently followed? What do you think were the reasons for company X to acquire/merge with company Y?   Answer Question
  • Walk me through the 3 financial statements when $100 of depreciation are recorded.   Answer Question
  • What are a 10K, 10Q and an 8Q? Tell me about the last one you read.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guggenheim Partners

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview

People I met were good overall; however, HR was unprofessional and kept on delaying results. Waited over a month for them to tell me and was given 1 week to decide.......

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Expanding rapidly and poaching top performers from bulge brackets. Got referral and sent my resume in the morning and they moved quickly. Phone screen that same day and received a super day invitation that evening. Worked with me to schedule an ideal time. Very down to earth interviewers who were clearly looking for fit with the firm and took a lot of pride in their work culture.

Interview Questions

• What are four weaknesses, since I know you prepared for three?   Answer Question
    • Can a company have negative stockholders equity? If so, why?   Answer Question
    • LBO scenario: is it better to take out a 100k loan and pay it off in even installments throughout five years using the target's revenues or to issue a 100k bullet 5 year bond?   Answer Question
    • What do you bring to the table in a team?   Answer Question
    • If you add 10 dollars of depreciation, explain how that affects all financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-grounds recruiting. I had an on-grounds interview and was invited for final rounds interviews at their New York office. Final rounds interviews were 3 30 minute interviews. One tech, one behavioral, and one conversational with the MD. The techs were rather generic although the behavioral questions were creative and intensive.

Interview Questions

• What is one pop culture phenomenon that you think influenced your desire to do investment banking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 super day with entire team (around 12 employees), typical technical banking questions, personality questions. Great collegial, open culture. Small team, intimate, work hard and closely with other members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then networked with a few of the current analysts. Got the superday e-mail and went to the New York office. First round was 35 minutes of technicals, followed by multiple other interviews (primarily fit/behavioral). Questions were not directly from online sources, rather what drives the technical metrics (EBITDA, comps), pros/cons for different valuations, FCF pros/cons, etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. Take me through ways to increase EBITDA
      2. Why would you want to use debt/equity/cash to finance?
      3. Ways to increase FCF
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview

It was two rounds. 1st round on campus. 2nd in office with 3 30 minute interviews. 1 technical, 2 behavioral. Technical questions were easy. Behavorial involved stress test on many of the questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview is highly focused on developing a cultural fit and establishing candidate's interest in the platform. While technical skills are weighted heavily as well, Guggenheim is interested in folks that are in it for the long haul. Have an understanding of their recent deals and be prepared to defend your position around why you might be a good fit. If they are interested, they will move quickly.

Interview Questions

• How can a company dispose of a non-core business segment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

After two phone interviews I made it to the superday. The process was slightly disorganized and everyone seemed very busy. Nice group of guys overall and really knew their stuff. Very technical interview questions, though not as difficult as firms like Houlihan Lokey and Moelis. Fit was very important as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you add minority interest to enterprise value?   3 Answers

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online through on campus recruiting and was selected for a one on one interview. During the interview, I was asked a number of technical questions involving free cash flow, cash flow statements, income statements, balance sheets, and discounted cash flows. The last part of the interview was more fit, as I believe the interviewer was trying to get a feel for who I was as a person.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the financial statements and how they interact with each other.   Answer Question