Guidance Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidance Software Interview Questions

2.9

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, and then face to face. They ask for a presentation - make sure you understand from them what they mean by that regardless of what kind of instruction they give you by document or verbal. Get a very good understanding of what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Guidance Software Response

Jul 25, 2016

Thank you for your interview review. We're sorry how you felt about your interview experience. We will share your feedback with management so that we can improve. Feel free to reach out to us at... More

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Several phone interviews. Was supposed to get a face to face interview but no follow up from the Senior Recruiter. I figured they passed. They finally updated jobvite after 2 weeks and it said closed with no details. Still to date no email at least saying we decided to pursue other candidates. For a company that strives for customer service they failed a basic response.

Interview Questions

Guidance Software Response

Apr 21, 2016

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We’ve forwarded your comment to our recruitment team. Please feel free to contact us if you would like... More

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I am another one on the list that I think I did good but didn't move forward. I would say, don't waste your time here unless you're desperate. Just like the other reviews, I don't know what they are looking for. Here are my guess: 1. they don't really give everyone equal opportunity on the openings 2. they want someone who really a good talker than a coder 3. They want Google or Apple alum type of candidates on their top notch company.

Interview Questions

Guidance Software Response

Apr 6, 2016

Thank you for your feedback about your interview experience. We’re sorry to hear there wasn’t a fit for the position you applied for. At Guidance we take our time with each candidate to help ensure... More

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a talent recruiter via Linkedin. I had two initial phone interviews, one with the recruiter and the other with someone else on the communications team. I then met 1:1 with four other members of the communications/hr/marketing teams. The process was ok, although I've never had to interview with six different people for a specialist position. I enjoyed talking with everyone I met, and felt I was a good fit for the role, and got a sense the feeling was mutual until the final interview. A week after the final interview I was emailed that someone else was a better fit for the role. I thanked the recruiter and requested additional feedback on what I was missing as far as skills and experience for the position. Never got a response. I would recommend HR implements a more thoughtful follow up process, particularly after such an intense interview regimen that felt mostly positive.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest correlation between social media analytics and sales?   Answer Question

Dec 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed interview review. We have shared your feedback about our follow-up process with management so that we can improve.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter, went well.

Spoke to the hiring manager and was asked some very weird questions (see Interview Questions section).

Asked to do a coding test, which I did and showed to a Senior Microsoft Architect (yes they work for Microsoft) and said my coding was spot on. Submitted the test.

Received an auto generated email the next day saying the position has been filled. Previous reviews also say the same (automated reply) and the reply from the company claim to be doing something about it. Obviously not.

No idea what these guys are looking for, as they obviously know more than a Senior Architect working for Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• How many bits in a byte.
      Have you used the hex annotation.

When I asked how they implemented these methodologies in their environment, i received a silent response.   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2015

Thank you for your interview review. We're sorry you had a negative interview experience. We have shared your feedback with HR management (in particular, the automated reply). Your input will help us... More

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview briefly assessing technical / programming knowledge. Face to face interview consisted of 2 programming tasks in C++ or C# while under the watch of a senior manager and QA director.

Interview Questions

Guidance Software Response

Jun 12, 2015

Thank you for your review posted on April 9. We're glad to hear you had a positive interview experience and we hope you're acclimating well to your new role. If you have any additional thoughts to... More

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guidance Software.

Interview

HR Interview

She emailed me at the time of phone interview t reschedule for some other day

Next time she emailed me at the time of interview, to reschedule after some time on the same day

Interview Questions

Guidance Software Response

Jun 12, 2015

Thank you for your interview review posted on Feb. 5, 2015. We're sorry you had a negative interview experience. We will share your feedback with management so that we can improve.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Dulles, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Within two days of my application, I was contacted by HR to set up a phone screen. Two days later I had phone call with a Professional Services Sr. Director to discuss expectations and interest in the position. The following week I drove out to the Dulles office where I met with the Sr. Director I had spoken to on the phone and the Consulting Manager. We spent 60-90 minutes having a conversation about the roles and responsiblities of a Consultant and how I had demonstrated those qualities professionally and/or academically. They said that I would hear back from them soon and that I may have a phone call with the Senior Vice President of Professional Services in the near future. The S. VP called by the time I arrived at my house after the interview. I had an offer two days later and started about three weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with a client that is asking for something unreasonable.   Answer Question

May 2, 2016

Thank you for your interview review. We're happy to hear you had a positive interview experience and we hope you're acclimating well to your new role. If you have any additional thoughts to share to... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed and asked about some technical questions and management questions. Everything seemed pretty nice and clear, however, the salaries don't seem to be as great as I expected.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about the questions (at least to me ) since I have the knowledge and even more to apply for that position   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2015

Thank you for your review posted on Oct. 10, 2014. Though some time has passed since your post, we'd love to hear any additional thoughts or ideas you might have to help improve the interview... More

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidance Software.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews, then a face to face interview at their main headquarters. My phone interviews went very well and I spent $1200 all in to fly across the country to interview in person at this company. I was hopeful but did not get the job, and that's ok.

What bothered me was that after spending a considerable amount of time and money on their interview process, all I got was an auto-generated email from their HR system saying "Sorry, the position has been filled." That was really disappointing. Now I'm not expecting a hug and a pat on the back, but a simple email saying "thanks for taking the time" would have been more than fine. I know that may sound petty, but it really made them seem like elitists who were doing me a favor by allowing me to interview there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my programming experience during my 1:1 interview which caught me off guard as it was not in the job description.   1 Answer

Jun 12, 2015

Thank you for your interview review posted on July 27, 2014. We're sorry to hear about your interview experience. We will share your feedback with management so that we can improve.