Guidepoint Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidepoint Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Guidepoint

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person. In-person interview seemed uncoordinated.

Other Interview Reviews for Guidepoint

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Guidepoint.

Interview

Emailed in Resume/Cover Letter. Contact with the receptionist was fast and good. However, interviewer missed the allotted time twice. Would avoid. Entry level position seems to be a glorified telemarketer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone, then had an in-person interview with three team members, HR, and a short project. Straightforward process, HR was very courteous, involved and followed up on time.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint.

Interview

The first phone interview was pretty easy. It was sort of a casual talk about my experiences and qualifications. They said they would contact me soon to come in for the in-person interview but it took around a month for that email to come in. The in-person interview was sounded a little intense based on the email. It said I would be meeting with the manager, coordinator, research director, a person who would test my foreign language ability and someone from HR one by one. The interviews themselves were again quite simple and a bit casual in nature. But it was clear that none of them coordinated which each other in between the interview so I was essentially answering the sames questions. The questions where mainly about how I got here, how I learner about the organization and my qualifications. If it all goes well they tell you they will email you about the mock project which is timed for 4 hours and would simulate the work you would be doing as a Research Analyst. Personally the 4 hours was definitely not enough. I though It would be easy and I could try to be very detailed but I was wrong. I think I finished 70% of the project, and while I think I did a great job on that part, the rest was pretty important and I wanted to be punctual so I sacrificed completing the whole thing in order to submit it on time. Probably a bad idea. I never hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any of the questions in the interview were difficult or unexpected. Everyone was really nice and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Had three interviews and a mock project which was straightforward. I liked the people i met, they seemed happy and interested in my experience and background. It was quick and I got an offer within 2 weeks of the process. Overall straightforward.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint.

Interview

Applied and received an e-mail a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was very casual and basic questions were asked, such as why I applied for the position, why guidepoint should hire me, and what other positions I was looking at. A positive experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guidepoint in June 2012.

Interview

Short. One in person interview with 3-4 people after a phone screen with HR. Met with a few teammates and HR and talked mostly about my experience and the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online through website and was called in for a phone interview within a couple of days. Hiring manager wasn't through and was jumping all over the place. I was asked for a second interview with a project manager who didn't seem to be very polite.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidepoint in August 2012.

Interview

The manager tried to do a consulting scenario style interview to ask about process you would use to research a specific thing. He seemed like an inexperienced interviewer. After he asked a seemingly consulting style, open-ended question, he started asking leading questions to get a certain answer. The HR person indicated that she thought the hiring manager was weird. I got the impression that the social dynamic was a bit "off" or dysfunctional in this company.

Interview Questions

• How would you research a technology product supply chain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidepoint (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

easy process, talked to HR on the phone and then was invited on-site for an interview with about 5 people. they never asked anything difficult, just to talk about your background, what you're interested in career-wise, etc. but it's important to know exactly what the company does.

Everyone is very friendly, but I got the sense that they were just looking to hire any smart kids out of school who'd be willing to take the job, and the actual day-to-day work seemed terribly boring. Salary is also mediocre and the role doesn't really give you any skills to take to a better company in a few years.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, what does Guidepoint do?   Answer Question