Guidewire Integration Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Integration Architect Interview Questions

3.5

Integration Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in March 2010.

Interview

1st round phone: a person asked some java technical questions taking about 1 hour
2nd round code test: 3 test questions were sent to your email for you to code withini 4 hours.
3rd round phone: another integration architect asked some more technical questions.
4th round phone: the chief tech architect called me to ask some more architectural questions which I didn't do well

Interview Questions

• Discribe details of Singleton   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

A traditional recruiter contacted me having seen my resume online. I don't recall the specific order, but the interview process included the following steps. There was a phone screen (as expected), a coding/skills test, a single face-to-face interview involving a series of people, and a discussion with the VP of Services.

The code test was a problem emailed to me and then the entire solution was emailed back. I seem to recall the problem being language agnostic, but their software is in Java so I would expect a "winning" solution would be written in Java.

There was very little "hoop jumping" involved, to their credit. Each step felt like it served a purpose and was well thought out. It was challenging to get a firm handle on the exact kind of work their services arm endured on a day-to-day basis, but that could have been my inexperience not leading me to ask the right questions.

The "hiring" process extends past the welcome letter with Guidewire. A successful new employee is flown out to San Mateo and then is expected to pass a two-week "certification" process on their platform. If a candidate is not able to demonstrate competency after that time, the employment relationship is severed. This is not just talk; there have been multiple people who made it past the interview process, but are then dismissed afterward. That indicates the interview process needs to be tightened up, but also demonstrates the commitment Guidewire has to only employing competent workers (by and large).

Interview Questions

• How would you paginate an extremely large dataset in the app-server?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation seemed fair and at market value considering the amount of travel and adverse working conditions for the job. Thus, I did not negotiate beyond asking to be considered for the "senior" position by the same name.