Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

3 Phases - phone screen with HR, phone with Consulting, 3 person face to face. Face to face was with 3 people in Chicago. 3 types of questions - first was experience/behavioral, next was culture and fit, final was to show some of their technology

Senior Training Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Process took 4- 5weeks time since I applied. First round was with a Hiring Manager followed by a technical test that has to be completed and sent. Following the test there were 5 rounds of phone interviews with different members of the team with a day apart from each interview. Finally I was called for a F2F which ran for 4 hours. (one on one interview with 4 different people) then a final presentation. Questions asked were all very straightforward and the overall attitude of the interviewers were amazing. Though I didn't get an offer, I felt happy being part of the whole process. Great company.

Interview Questions

• * what is a star schema? *Situation when you had to convince your employer that your content design is right   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall a pretty disappointing experience and I regret spending so much time and effort chasing it. I had applied to numerous roles with this company in the past (with never a single acknowledgment) so when they reached out to me months ago for a yet-to-be-posted opportunity, I was pretty happy. Had a quick call with the hiring manager and was told I'd hear back when the job was posted. Two months later I was asked to apply. One month after that I was asked to come in (though I asked for another call first since so much time elapsed). I went in and had 4 one hour interviews, full of very generic, mundane questions and little opportunity for me to ask questions in return. A couple days later I was asked to come in again and essentially repeat the process with new people. So after two trips and numerous one on ones, I received a very curt email basically saying "we're not making an offer!" with zero feedback but was told I was recommended for another position (one that I applied to in the past). After a few days I followed up about the role I was supposedly recommended for, only to be told that I was already screened out of it months ago! Pretty laughable. What I can say on the positive side is that everyone was pretty nice and the environment is very laid back, but if you want to work in a true agile environment, then forget it. Too many red flags for me and a great example of a company with a dominant market position that has zero reason to change the archaic way they go about developing software.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. They asked me two questions and had me code them up. They let me draw stuff out on the whiteboard, but I didn't need to for most of it. Pretty basic questions.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, had phone screener by HRa few days after, lasted about 10 minutes, phone interview with hiring manager a couple of days after, lasted about 1 hour. Both the HR person and the hiring manager were very professional and friendly. I was not selected but was given a good feedback on my interview performance and reasons why i was not selected. I think they are a great company and i would love to try to work there in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about various Agile methodologies?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with Enterprise Software   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick call from recruiter based on internal referral. Follow up call from hiring manager a couple of days later with in-person interviews one week later. Offer made and accepted the next day.

Recruiter was super engaged and supportive throughout. All interviews conducted professionally and - although not easy questions - felt comfortable chatting with industry peers about work history, technology, leadership style, etc.

Hard to imagine a smoother process. Everything they say about Guidewire (great people, great work environment) is true!

Interview Questions

• How would someone who's worked for you in the past describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Presales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Lengthy and intense. 6 phone interviews with real interest shown with several individuals, followed by face to face over a 2 month period. No appreciation for learning software unrelated to position. Voice-mail next day saying no interest.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 55 minute demo of software   1 Answer

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1) Applied for the job on their corporate website (managed by Jobvite)
    2) One week later, I received an email from HR generalist indicating that HR representative would like to schedule a phone call
    3) Received phone call from HR representative explaining the company and the role and that the hiring manager picked out my profile personally for an interview
    4) Scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager for later that week
    5) Phone interview with hiring manager went great
    6) Received an email from the HR rep with "good news" that the team would like to have an on-site interview that would last 4 hours
    7) Attended interview on-site and met with an awesome group of people. I think the process could have been shortened if they chose to do a panel/group style interview because the questions asked by each individual were identical.
    8) I left with the impression that everything was positive and I had a positive impression of them
    9) I receive a rushed one-liner email from the HR rep the next day (not even proof-read from what I could tell with the spelling mistakes) saying they won't be moving forward without further explanation
    10) I kindly request more information as I'd like a plausible explanation for the result.
    11) HR representative asks if I have time to take a phone call the next day. I do.
    12) No call.

Dear Guidewire,

You've got a great company from what I can see on your Glassdoor profile. Almost a 5-star rating from nearly 500-ish respondents. I'm sure that your culture internally is great -- as I was able to witness firsthand through the on-site interviews with your staff. But I would like to suggest an improvement in the hiring flow -- especially for candidates who don't make the cut.

1) Be honest and open with them -- tell them the reason why you won't be moving forward with them. If they're asking too much money, if they aren't going to be a good fit for the team or the manager, if they're under-experienced, if they're over-experienced, tell them. We're always looking to improve myself, and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2) Honor your commitments. If you say you're going to call someone the next day, call them.

3) Treat every interviewee as a potential "ambassador" for the job. There have been times in the past where I've interviewed with companies, been passed-over, but was left with an understanding of why I wasn't chosen in an honest and positive way. And you know what? I actually recommended that company to a former colleague and former coworker... because if they treated me, someone they wouldn't hire, with respect then I imagine they'd treat someone they'd hire even better.

Interview Questions

• As a team lead, explain how you'd deal with a co-worker who wasn't pulling their weight on the team.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Process is good and quick. I taked to recruiter Marissa and Victoria and within a week I was at onaite for interview. Onsite scrutiny was more interesting wherein i was asked either write or fix code such that tests pass.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First would be a Phone Interview.
    He started with saying it would be 40 mins, but ended the call in 20 (As I could not do well I guess).
    Once this round is done, they will call for 1-1