Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Overall a positive experience. I had three rounds of interviews. The questions were situational based. Key HR and org leaders took part in the interview. It was three in-person interviews for the role. The first in-person interview was with the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based - how would you tackle this issue if faced in your organization.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Birmingham, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted through LinkedIn saying that your skills and experience matching the position we have right now. During HR call they asked me more than twice about the offers that I had at that time. They told for phone screening technical and two days after the interview they again contacted saying your skills are very impressive and called for onsite interview. Again they asked that whether I have any offers and I had one other offer at that time. They told that they are worried about other offer before onsite interview. The interviewers looks professional because I think they have good management skills but they didn't have perfect grip on the technologies they are working on. But totally ok interview. Most funniest thing is that they denied to give you me an offer saying that you are too Jr for considering to this role because they itself called me and they played partial role in losing other offer as well. Please be careful in considering for the interview. This interview wasted my valuable time and I spent lot of money for my travel. I think God only knows the original reason to be contacted by this type of time wasting people

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

- Applied with employee reference.
    - Got call from recruiter- she wanted to get details of my experience and explain the job profile.
    - Got mail for a coding test on codility.com, cleared it with 100%.
    - Got call from hiring manager. Questioned about Hasmap and Chess Game.
    - Got call for Onsite interview 4 rounds of interviews, in each interview, they gave different set a skeleton classes and test cases, had to write code to ensure that the test cases run successfully. In all they had 12 test suits, I completed 10 of them successfully.
    - Overall a good interview experience, however I am not sure why I was not selected. The recruiter did not have a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• Hashmap - details of behind the scene processing.

Design a Chess Game.   Answer Question

Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter found me on LinkedIn. She contacted me and we discuss the position. She immediately got me talking to the hiring VP the next day. I was then brought in for an in-person interview with 4 peers. I was then brought in to interview with 2 executives. After that a few days of waiting while they did reference checks. Then I got a call with a job offer. The official job offer letter was emailed the same day. Background checks were done next day by an external vendor; I just completed the info online. That's it. Was very efficient from start to finish. Very professional recruiter, hiring managers, interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Ask for examples of past work in specific situations and projects.   1 Answer

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, followed a few days later by phone screen with hiring manager, then a few days later with onsite interviews with developers and product managers. Good communication throughout process -- very professional and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions to probe how you viewed product manager's role and scope. Also asked questions about business requirements to show how you would translate into technical requirements.   Answer Question

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, phone call with Engineering Manager of the team you'd work on, on site technical test, interview with the tech lead for the office

Recruiter didn't respond to 3 of my follow up emails asking for a response on my status. Only person to respond was the tech lead, which was also a very vague answer after a week. Don't think it's very professional to leave a candidate hanging, even if you are going to reject them.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Completely straightforward. The recruiter was straightforward and kept every one of her promises and deadlines. The hiring manager was forthright. I went to the Foster City office and spent about 4 hours in 30-minute interviews.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied online from their website. They assigned me a date for a phone call but never called me. When I asked them the reason they told me they forgot.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa Palms, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiting team was extremely responsive and well organized in setting up interview times and answering all of my questions. I met by phone with a peer, hiring manager and team executive. All were very forthcoming about the position, challenges and culture.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a successful negotiation with a client regarding project scope and budget overrun   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Unethical, unprofessional cheap shop. Worst ever experience in last 16 years. Got phone call from manager without even any prior notification from recruiter, asked him to reschedule and 1 week later recruiter got the interview scheduled, had the discussion with the hiring manager and two days later got the feedback that i did very well in the phone round and they would like me to come onsite and second recruiter will take it forward. That recruiter never came back for 2-3 weeks, when i contacted them the recruiter was on vacation and another one said oh your salary is on higher side and we can't match it, this was after 5 weeks of process initiation, finally after 2 weeks got the opportunity to go there, two people come to the room and explain that i have to code and make sure the UT passes but their IntelliJ is behaving weird and it took them 35 minutes to fix it :-), then i had one more similar round and did good and then the recruiter came and said looks like it is not going well so we would like to conclude.

This is not a software company and looks like they don't have many employees as no logical person can work here.

Pathetic company, please don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Chess game object model. How to implement Hashtable, One silly poker card game code written super bad and you have to complete.   Answer Question