Guidewire Technical Consultant - North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Technical Consultant - North America Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Consultant North America Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

The process is so fast, but multiple steps.

1) Recruiter interview.: We just talk about experience (15 min)

2) Technical interview.: Almost 2 hours of Java question: OOP concepts, tier architecture, ant, jms, sql, xml, Junit.

3) Technical test.- 3 hours, for 4 exercises: SQL, JMS, XML, code errors detection

4) Face to face interview.: 3 Individual interviews (manager, product specialist and director) nothing technical, just talk about experience, and how to resolve conflicts in the field.

Two days after the face to face interviews, I got a call from recruiter, told me she was working in the offer.

They are looking for people that really want to stay in the company for long time.

I had experience in the GW products. I had been working with some GW employees. The interviewers have called every one that I know from GW and they have asked for my performance.

Interview Questions

• Give an example how would you use ¨volatile¨ in a singleton   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Technical Consultant - North America Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire in July 2012.

Interview

Started with a technical interview asking about Java basics

Next was the code test. They sent me some code with missing parts and asked me to fill them in. One of them was JPA, another was JMS. The last one was a bad code problem that demonstrated a task. I was asked to point out all of the bugs or inefficiencies with it and rewrite it better.

The next phone interview was a less technical than the first. He asked about experience and leadership skills.

The last set of interviews was in Chicago. There I met with 3 interviewers. They had some basic technical questions, but no coding. I thought I did well during these interviews, but I also felt that they were looking for someone with a consulting or insurance background, putting me at a disadvantage.

Interview Questions