Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

3.2

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process consisted in 4 differentes rounds:
    - Telephone interview: job experience, reasons for change and advantages for working in Guidewire.
    - Coding online test: test with 2 questions, one for coding a problem (not difficult) and another one about thinking design questions about a new project.
    - Videoconferance technical interview: interview with a technical person, talking 10 minutes my job experience and 50 minutes asking me about technical problems (OOP concepts, static, final, interfaces, abstract...) and coding with collabedit.
    - Face to face interviews: very informal interviews with kind people that help you with everything they can:
    1. Manager: job experience, draw the architect design of one project you have been involved, simple DB questions and draw a query.
    2. Technical: job experience, OOP concepts, resolve a simple coding problem, Singleton pattern, SOAP, REST...
    3. Culture: questions about how you act in different job situations, product demo.
    4. HR debrief: talking about the interviews, your actual salary and about working in Guidewire.

Interview Questions

• 1. OOP concepts, static, final, interfaces, abstracts, synchronized...
      2. Draw a query that inner 3 different tables
      3. What is the Singleton pattern? Please, code it.   Answer Question

Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter found me on LinkedIn. She contacted me and we discuss the position. She immediately got me talking to the hiring VP the next day. I was then brought in for an in-person interview with 4 peers. I was then brought in to interview with 2 executives. After that a few days of waiting while they did reference checks. Then I got a call with a job offer. The official job offer letter was emailed the same day. Background checks were done next day by an external vendor; I just completed the info online. That's it. Was very efficient from start to finish. Very professional recruiter, hiring managers, interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Ask for examples of past work in specific situations and projects.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good. I first got an email to arrange a phone interview which was fine; all the basic CV information in review and a couple of simple questions. Mostly to get to know you personally and whether you fit the basic requirements of the job. After that, I was scheduled for 3 in-house interviews. They were moderately difficult but all interviewers were very welcoming and understanding of nerves. The interview structure was more conversation and idea based than traditional. The final step in the interview process was a Skype interview with an overseas manager. This was quick and simple and mostly used to discuss ideas.

Interview Questions

• There may be people who will struggle with the changes you're bringing. How will you tackle this?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

- Applied with employee reference.
    - Got call from recruiter- she wanted to get details of my experience and explain the job profile.
    - Got mail for a coding test on codility.com, cleared it with 100%.
    - Got call from hiring manager. Questioned about Hasmap and Chess Game.
    - Got call for Onsite interview 4 rounds of interviews, in each interview, they gave different set a skeleton classes and test cases, had to write code to ensure that the test cases run successfully. In all they had 12 test suits, I completed 10 of them successfully.
    - Overall a good interview experience, however I am not sure why I was not selected. The recruiter did not have a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• Hashmap - details of behind the scene processing.

Design a Chess Game.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in December 2015.

Interview

-1 Phone "interview" (to explain the job etc...)
    -1 coding exercise (easy, the solution was online...)
    -1 "real" interview with technical questions
    - Then, I've had an interview with 3 persons at the office

They ask questions that are far more complex than the actual job.
    Indeed, they ask about JEE/web services/Design patterns, while the job is just dragging and dropping UI elements, and writing very small and easy algorithms.

Interview Questions

• JEE, web services, algorithms, data structure, design patterns, the core values of the company.   Answer Question

Functional Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Raleigh, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

A series of phone interviews, most of which consisted of having non-work related discussions. The phone interviews were followed by an in-person software demonstration using the technology of my choosing (provided that it wasn't proprietary software).

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work for Guidewire. They said they really wanted to understand why, out of all of the companies, I believed Guidewire was the right fit for me and that this was very important for them to understand.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Birmingham, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted through LinkedIn saying that your skills and experience matching the position we have right now. During HR call they asked me more than twice about the offers that I had at that time. They told for phone screening technical and two days after the interview they again contacted saying your skills are very impressive and called for onsite interview. Again they asked that whether I have any offers and I had one other offer at that time. They told that they are worried about other offer before onsite interview. The interviewers looks professional because I think they have good management skills but they didn't have perfect grip on the technologies they are working on. But totally ok interview. Most funniest thing is that they denied to give you me an offer saying that you are too Jr for considering to this role because they itself called me and they played partial role in losing other offer as well. Please be careful in considering for the interview. This interview wasted my valuable time and I spent lot of money for my travel. I think God only knows the original reason to be contacted by this type of time wasting people

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and took quite a long time to complete. I went through 3 telephone interviews in about a 3 month period....from there I was asked to complete an in person interview that included a presentation that I had to prepare and present at the final interview. It was an interesting process but everyone involved was quite easy to relate to and engage with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2017.

Interview

3 stage selection process consisting of:
    - 1 hour HR Interview by phone.
    - 1 hour Skype video interview with hiring manager
    - 3 x 1 hour interviews and 0.5 hour HR conversation and tour of offices etc (Strangely scheduled from 12:00 - 15:30 with no lunch break offered??)

Received positive feedback after final interview stage and expected a decision by end of week. The week passed and no further feedback received. Then saw that job was re-posted online and I finally got a decline when I asked again for an update. Having done 5.5 hours of interviews and taking a day of work to attend final interviews the way this was concluded was very unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral type interviews exploring my experiences as a Project and Program Manager   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial code test to be completed and returned via e-mail.
    Technical Phone Screen consisting mostly of theory based questions.
    3 part On-Site interview covering more in-depth technical and theory based questions, along with a review of the office culture.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to traverse a set of folders and subfolders, then return any files contained inside.   1 Answer