Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

3.2

Graduate Guidewire Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I got a code test with 2 simple problems that needed to be solved within 2 and a half hours. I passed this one. Then there was an interview on campus which asked very basic questions about java and the project I am proud of. I passed this round too. The final round was on-site in Dublin for 3 hours. First hour was mainly asking me about why I want to work in Guidewire and why this specific role. He then asked me about my most significant project. When I started talking about it, he started yawning. Apparently it wasn't as interesting for him as it was for me. Then the next hour was a technical interview, half an hour about java constructors and inheritance and the next half an hour about two basic algorithm questions. The next hour was also related to why I want to work there and if I have any questions about the company.
    They said they will reply within a week. It has been a month already and they never replied. I assume that means I am rejected but still it is very unprofessional not to reply to people specially if they have taken their time and went to your office. I would not want to work in an environment like this. People were nice, or at least they appeared to be nice.

Interview Questions

• Listing all the files within a directory with only one loop   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I have applied through university , first I gave a coding test, it was of average difficulty level. Then I got a call for the face to face interview. It was a 45mins interview, first 25mins was more related to previous work experience and then a technical interview on basic core java stuff. After 2weeks I got invitation for the 2nd round of face to face onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• agile vs waterfall model?
      basic core java questions from class inheritance , constructors and string.

Senior Java Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2017.

Interview

It took only three days and first there will be a phone interview with the recruiter about your first impression, I introduced myself and it was good and the recruiter was very nice.

Then the second interview phone call with the team member I'm supposed to work with. And we talk about my previous job experience in both English and Japanese for half an hour for each, then they asked lots of technical questions.i didn't answer most questions correctly, and the technical interviewer has a Indian accent, I think they seriously value your skills and talent. if you have a chance, take it. I believe Guidewire is a good company.

Interview Questions

• What's the topmost class of all the java classes and what method does it have?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

3 Phases - phone screen with HR, phone with Consulting, 3 person face to face. Face to face was with 3 people in Chicago. 3 types of questions - first was experience/behavioral, next was culture and fit, final was to show some of their technology

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen for 40 minutes. Then 5hrs coding test on jdbc, badcode, jms, collections. Followed by a 1hour technical over phone. Then comes a face to face interview for 4hours covering hiring manager, technical, cultural fit and HR rounds.
    I went through all the rounds and HR told they will tell the result in 2days and asked me to send the passport copy on the same day. I took it as an hint for the positive feedback. But i didnt received any phone or email from them.
    I verified with her about my feedback she replied after 2 days saying that being vacation time she didnt received the feedback then and she will inform for sure on the following day. But then i didnt received a call.
    So much irritated of their response. Spent 10-11hours of time with their interview and didnt deserve a 30sec email from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Public static final
      2. String immutable concept, equal, equals
      9. What if customer doesnt accept your product and feel the other one is better
      10. Interface Vs abstract

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. They asked me two questions and had me code them up. They let me draw stuff out on the whiteboard, but I didn't need to for most of it. Pretty basic questions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall a pretty disappointing experience and I regret spending so much time and effort chasing it. I had applied to numerous roles with this company in the past (with never a single acknowledgment) so when they reached out to me months ago for a yet-to-be-posted opportunity, I was pretty happy. Had a quick call with the hiring manager and was told I'd hear back when the job was posted. Two months later I was asked to apply. One month after that I was asked to come in (though I asked for another call first since so much time elapsed). I went in and had 4 one hour interviews, full of very generic, mundane questions and little opportunity for me to ask questions in return. A couple days later I was asked to come in again and essentially repeat the process with new people. So after two trips and numerous one on ones, I received a very curt email basically saying "we're not making an offer!" with zero feedback but was told I was recommended for another position (one that I applied to in the past). After a few days I followed up about the role I was supposedly recommended for, only to be told that I was already screened out of it months ago! Pretty laughable. What I can say on the positive side is that everyone was pretty nice and the environment is very laid back, but if you want to work in a true agile environment, then forget it. Too many red flags for me and a great example of a company with a dominant market position that has zero reason to change the archaic way they go about developing software.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guidewire in March 2017.

Interview

A lovely woman called me. Asked questions about company, questions about my past projects and current education. Invited me then to stage two which is Codility test. Test went horrible.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about the company?
      2. Why would you like to work in the company ?
      3. Salary exceptations ?
      4. Experience

Senior Training Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Process took 4- 5weeks time since I applied. First round was with a Hiring Manager followed by a technical test that has to be completed and sent. Following the test there were 5 rounds of phone interviews with different members of the team with a day apart from each interview. Finally I was called for a F2F which ran for 4 hours. (one on one interview with 4 different people) then a final presentation. Questions asked were all very straightforward and the overall attitude of the interviewers were amazing. Though I didn't get an offer, I felt happy being part of the whole process. Great company.

Interview Questions

• * what is a star schema? *Situation when you had to convince your employer that your content design is right   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick call from recruiter based on internal referral. Follow up call from hiring manager a couple of days later with in-person interviews one week later. Offer made and accepted the next day.

Recruiter was super engaged and supportive throughout. All interviews conducted professionally and - although not easy questions - felt comfortable chatting with industry peers about work history, technology, leadership style, etc.

Hard to imagine a smoother process. Everything they say about Guidewire (great people, great work environment) is true!

Interview Questions

• How would someone who's worked for you in the past describe your leadership style?   Answer Question