Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.1

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a call with the recruiter. Then with each of three peers in the role. All via phone. I then did in-person interviews at a hotel with peers, directors and potential direct reports. Overall a great interview experience. The in-person process was very easy, they flew me down and booked a suite for me. Each of the interviewers then came to my suite for my interviews. This allowed me to 'control' the situation with air conditioning, water, cleanliness, etc. Dress code was business casual. Questions were focused and tone was congenial.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage technical consultants in the field.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter is kind and nice. When talking with the recruiter, I was not nervous. They gave my resume to the group that they think is better for me. The first phone call does not include any technique questions. The second phone call is a phone interview which contains technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked experiences on my resume. And asked how my experience makes me fit guidewire   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

One technical telephonic + 4 onsite (3 technical + 1 behavior). The interview was good and mainly focused on Data Structures, Algorithms and Design. There is no blackboard coding, but you will asked to code in the system and the performance of the code will be evaluated

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter within a week of applying, interviewed with the hiring manager a week later which went really well and then it went silent. No call, no follow ups nothing. That's not the right way to do it. Very disappointing!! I am still waiting.......

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call from recruiter in couple of days.
    Discussed about my background. Scheduled phone interview with one of the technical engineer.
    But did not get call on the scheduled time. Then later rescheduled the interview. Interviewer was helpful. Asked some questions on hashmap and linked list, about time complexities and sorrting

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

45 minute long technical interview. I walked them through my resume and talked about my side projects. The technical portion focusing on Java skills and using an IDE efficiently. Emphasis was placed on explaining my thought process out loud. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and remained relaxed during the entire process. At the end, I asked questions about how they enjoyed working at Guidewire and what the internship program entailed.

Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. 3 Phone interviews, one with Recruiter, Manager and member of the team. then took a 2 hour technical test that covered some coding, problem solving and general technical knowledge. Was also asked to submit technical writing sample.
    Then was invited to Foster City for a round of face to face interviews. Was a long day with 5 1 hour interviews that covered a wide range of topics. Was mostly about the Guidewire culture and my past work experiences. Was unlike anything I have ever done, very laid back and none of the typical personality probing questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straight forward

Partner Enablement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was amazing from beginning to end. The recruiting staff were very quick to respond. Interview day consisted of several interviewers. I did not have to go back several times. Interview was completed all in one visit. When one may be out of work, it can be a financial burden to attend several differet interviews. The single interview with multiple interviewers, in one day was a HUGE plus.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

applied through campus career site, and did a online coding exercise, a phone interview about coding, and another phone interview from the manager, and got offer

implement hashtable, how to deal with confiction

scramble numbers, find the all the scramble pairs from 1, 10000

prob question, projects details

Interview Questions

• implement hashtable, how to deal with confiction

scramble numbers, find the all the scramble pairs from 1, 10000

prob question, projects details   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

After phone interviewed with Manager, we scheduled an on-site interview. I required a PDO on my current job. Then they cancelled my on-site interview ONE day before the on-site interview. Because they don't feel like my skill sets fit for TOMORROW's interview. I don't understand how could this happened. IT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. Don't your HRs read resumes before they make phone calls? Really negative experience, will never apply to this company AGAIN.