Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Interview

The interview process is intense but they guide you through the steps. It is very obviously why they have such a lengthy interview process be/c they truly want to find the best match for the company AS WELL AS the employee.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Los Gatos, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

applied online on company's website
    got a call to know my background
    Then They scheduled a technical call with one of the engineers
    The engineer was quite helpful and seemed interested in the interview process

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions wer asked based on hashmap
      memory management
      garbage collection
      sorting algorithms and its complexity
      Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guidewire (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen process was a more conversational style interview with interviewer willing to provide good insights into company and team. The interviewer was professional and overall a good experience. Following the call there, after following up, there was no response provided as to the outcome of the interview and I did not receive a email rejection notice.

Software QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I was victim of bad and inexperienced interview process and would love to be part of it as this company has a very good product with lots of potential for improvement and hope it will remain the same in future as work force here is somewhat not experienced which was shown in interview process.

I had one on phone with company recruiter which went fine and then with QA manager which was also good. QA manager just became manager directly from senior QA which was reflected in the interview though.

After this everything gone crazy. I was called for onsite and in email company recruiter mentioned some coding skills plus java which was not even part of job. I discussed this with recruiter and told her that QA manager mentioned that there is no automation requirement and there must be some be disconnect here. She contacted me and apologized for the confusion her email may have caused and mentioned/agreed that this position does not have any automation requirement and there will be none during interview.

Now the day I went for interview both interviewers were also disconnected and they do not know exact requirements of this position plus they were also not part of the team for which hiring was in progress. They both started asking automation related questions which surprised me and I told them that I was informed that there is no automation requirement for this position but they insist (specially second interviewer) that they will follow the process, this makes no sense as they were interviewing me for some thing which was not part of jobs but I continued and gave answers which in my view were decent keeping in view I was caught in this weird situation off guard.

After interview when I came out I met recruiting manager and I told him about this automation thing and he was also surprised and told me that he had a talk with hiring manger and there should not be any automation part involved. As per him both these interviewers are confused and disconnected and QA manager will talk to him. As per him interview and hiring process in guidewire is not mature and they are improving and getting to better side.

After the interview when I inquired about the status I was told that they cannot give me an offer due to this automation thing (which I still believe I have not done bad in it), I found it very disappointing as I spent lots of time on it and to have it ended this way due to something which is not even needed was not acceptable to me so I sent email to recruiter and told her that everything happened during my interview and my chat with recruiting manager and ask her to remove this blocker as I was really willing to work for this product. Today I got an email from her indicating that they talked to hiring manager and on the fly he changed the description and now this position requires automation which is ridiculous.

I wish I would have saved my time which I spent on this interview process.

Advise to management:
    Your recruiters are good and professional but needs some maturity in hiring process plus workforce as things like these which I mentioned above is not acceptable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It started with a call from HR which included basic interest questions and job description. After that I got a call from the program head with technical questions. Last step was on site interview which included four half an hour interviews with employeers from different departments.

Interview Questions

• They don't expect specific answers but your ability to answer with the best you can. All of them were very friendly to talk to. Questions were related to the requirements in the job description. nothing out of that. They ask straight to the point, which is good.   1 Answer

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fast, Open, and Honest. Really transparent about how they felt and their willingness to proceed forward. Great Expectations were set regarding the position and there were no new surprises once I started employment. The flow of the interview process was great as well including HR, someone mirroring the role being applied for, management, and executive management (depending on the role of the employee).

Interview Questions

• What have I done in the past that correlates with what I would be doing in this current position?   Answer Question

Devops Manager - Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was typical. I submitted my resume and received a phone call from a recruiter. I then interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. Next step was to interview with 5-6 employees and then finished up with the recruiter

Interview Questions

• What's your experience?
      How would solve this storage issue?
      How would you solve this request that is impossible to solve?
      Answer Question

Technical Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Many stages including giving a demonstration of a software language (GOSU) and a 45 minute functional demonstration of a software program. There was also a few interviews for personality, role discussion, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give a 45 minute functional Demonstration/Onsite-Presentation of a software program of your choice.   1 Answer

Technical Integration Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews and a very diificult technical test. The two interviews were a non technical interview, followed by a very technical interview. If you passed those than an aptitude test was conducted. The second interview you are asked a series of programming and technology questions and are expected to respond from knowledge or memory.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions that are asked are regarding experience but the vast majority of the questions are regarding technology and Java/JavaScript programming and best practices.   1 Answer

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 6 rounds interview focussed on Technical and behavioural skills. HR was very good in handling interview and scheduling process. I was really impressed with complete process. They gave brief overview for every round and made sure to answer all my questions. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable. If you are thorough with your technical skills and understand the job description, then it is not difficult to get through. Guidewire really considers people who applied with no referrals and its a big plus

Interview Questions

• Java Basics, SQL queries. Basic Java programming Books will be sufficient.   Answer Question