Guidewire Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Guidewire Interview Questions in London, England

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guidewire (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted by a Guidewire recruiter who was knowledgeable of the job and talked me through the team and the job. He said that that he would call me back in a few days after speaking to the hiring manager. I was patient enough as the call was just before Christmas and anticipated delays due to the holidays but alas! Over three weeks later there still was no news and the status on hobbits still showed as interview. When I contacted the recruiter for feedback and closure I heard nothing back only to find the status on jobvite had changed to closed. The behaviour was very unprofessional and disappointing. People know they win some and lose some so conveying bad news is okay at interview stage. I was rather disappointed with the conduct from a company with a good reputation in its field at least

IT EMEA Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted within a few days of applying to an online posting via jobvite. Initial contact was an email to schedule a call with the HR folks. Spoke to a very professional and knowledgeable HR Manager based in Dublin who was clearly passionate about the company. She spoke with me for approx 30-45 mins and advised that she would recommend me be put forward and warned me that the process would be lengthy as the specific role had several stakeholders. The conversation related to my past work history and why I felt I would be a good fit for the role.

Later that week I received a further email via jobvite scheduling a webex meeting for the following week and was advised to set aside 2 hours for the session and that I would be interviewing with 2 or 3 people including a PM and the director overseeing the role. Shortly before the webex i was emailed to ask if the time could be shifted slightly due to a timing conflict and was happy to do so. I spoke initially with a project manager who was currently handling a lot of the work that would likely be passed to the new role holder. As all of the folks were based on the US West Coast the meetings were scheduled for 6pm UK time. Rather than meeting all of the participants at one time each of them called into the webex and then dropped out and #handed me off# to the next interviewer - hence the length of time involved.
    I found all of the interviewers to be professional and courteous.

Following the first webex round a few days later I received an additional email via jobvite asking me to be available to meet with 3 more people at a further webex session to be set for the following week and was asked to set aside up to 3 hours and also alerted that the interview would be more technically focused. On this set of webex meetings the process was similar to the first round of webex meetings though longer. This round of interviews did involve a lot of duplicated questions - where several of the interviewers asked me exactly the same questions which was slightly frustrating and time wasteful.

Following that 2nd set of webex sessions I heard nothing for 2 weeks+ and therefore assumed I had not got the role. In order to bring closure I reached out to the hr person and received confirmation of that fact the following day.

If I had received a prompt rejection of my application following the 2nd round of webex interviews then I would have rated the process as overall positive, however I was frustrated that I was left in limbo for 2 weeks and was forced to contact the company to confirm the assumed outcome. I invested several hours in the process but so did their staff so I do not feel it was time wasted.

Overall I commend the HR manager for her passion for the business and professional approach. I also admit to getting a bit short in my answers during the 2nd round of webex interviews, which was partly due to the duration and also the repetition of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style.
      What is ripe.net and have you handled ip address provisioning before - if so how.
      What do you do to investigate issues where an email is not being sent.
      Have you used SRM and what is it.

bit of a mixed bag. Ultimately the repetition of questions around VMWare, Email and other technical areas became waring and I think my gradually shorter answers led to me not getting the role.   Answer Question

Senior Implementation Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Longest and most comprehensive process that I've been through but from the other side it all seems sensible. GW take many steps to ensure the quality and fit of their employees but this means that the substantial investment that they make in new recruits is rarely wasted as attrition is very low, (I've been here for over two years and do not directly know anybody that has chosen to move). Key advice: The process has many steps but if you are clear that you have a specific timeline in mind it can be executed quickly, (e.g. I completed two phone interviews, a written test, three f2f interviews and two benefits conversations in < 5 days: and then I was on a plane the following week). What was particularly good was that the interview process was driven by current services employees so it really was an opportunity to check out the firm in detail, with people who were very open about their experiences, rather than receive corporate guff from those away from the front-line.

Interview Questions

• I was given a real-world situation that had arisen that morning in the interviewer's job regarding an under-performing member of the project-team employed by the customer that the customer had refused to remove from the roster - despite numerous interventions.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Very straight-forward. I put a number on the table, they improved on it, I was happy. Appreciate the cultural background of the person you're talking to, they might think that corporate health-care is a significant benefit but as somebody from the UK this is almost irrelevant. Be realistic, they may pay market+ rates but remember that your last salary reflects your value to that company, not this one.