Guidewire Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 3 onsite interviews.
I was asked to prepare a presentation on a topic. It was pleasant and cordial, nothing difficult.
The recruiters were very professional and kept me informed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. First interview was by phone. Second interview was on-site. Third interview was mainly negotiation. Standard product manager interview questions. Knowledge of java required (high level) and strong understanding of project management and software development and testing.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage scope creep when the project schedule and budget is under pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough with multiple rounds. It started off with a call from HR to find if I was the right fit for Guidewire's culture. Then a phone interview with someone in a similar role. After the phone round, there were three onsite interviews. The first onsite round had 1:1 interview with 3 people in similar roles. The second round has 1:1 interview with 3 people from the team and the third round was with senior management.

The interviews revolved around questions very relevant to the role, more hands-on questions...no irrelevant questions which I got from other companies I interviewed at. The interview experience was very positive to make me more interested in joining the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered better than expected and accepted.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guidewire in October 2009.

Interview

Brought in by a contract recruiter. Talked to two product managers. Both asked questions about how I would solve specific issues their software had faced in the past. For a product management position, they wanted a lot of technical detail. Their product managers seem to almost design their software. The second interviewer was extremely cagey as to how the role functions and refused to answer questions about how priority conflicts were resolved. The evasiveness lead to me think the place is chaotic and has major issues in the product management department as thus I told the recruiter I was not interested.