Guidewire QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire QA Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

There are four stages typically in the Guidewire Interview process for a QA Engineer, they are:

Phone Screen:
This is where a recruiter from Guidewire phones you to ask about your experience, interest in the job and knowledge of the company.

Exam:
Once passed the phone screen you will sit an exam, you'll have a day or two to complete it and the questions on it range from testing, problem solving and software engineering.

Phone Interview:
Once passed the exam, you will have an interview with an employee of the company, sometimes someone who'll be on your team of the same (if not higher) position as you. The questions asked for this part revolves around types of testing, testing criteria, automation knowledge and further software engineering questions. *cough* databases *cough*

1:1 Back-to-back Interviews:
Once you pass the phone interview, the recruiter will schedule three interviews, one with your manager, one with another QA Engineer on your team, and a random software engineer from any team.

Further Readings:
If you're still reading this, please don't fret the interviewers are there to help you throughout the process, if you don't know how to answer a question don't get annoyed, just ask the interviewer for more details, and if you really don't know the answer then tell the interview to give you examples.

Don't worry if your nervous, most people are so it's normal. When I was taking these interviews I was very nervous especially the final ones, but make sure you know what your talking about and you'll fly by to success!

Negotiation

Make sure you know what your talking about and you show the ability to understand and attempt to answer any question, which will make the interview process go smoother and allow you to negotiate salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guidewire in January 2013.

Interview

The recruiter called after I applied online to the company. They scheduled a telephonic interview. There were questions like what do I know, how much automation experience, java experience, why I am leaving the current job etc. I was told that I would get a call within two days. But did not hear from them at all.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question : Experience with Java outside automation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position QA (Gray box) Engineer online and i was contacted by the recruiter. He was very good and gave me a nice introduction over the phone and ran me thro the interview process. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. The phone interview went fine.

The Hiring manager asked me about my current job and why am i looking for other opportunities.

Then i was called for the inperson interview the following week. The first one hour session went well where they asked me few questions on Java basics. A couple of problems were given and i was asked to write programs to solve those. The interviewer verified the programs that i wrote and he suggested me other alternatives to write the programs as well.

In the next hour,another QA automation person in the company came and showed me a couple of code snippets from their automation scripts, and he asked to automate few actions in their website.
    I struggled in the beginning since they were using GOSU , it is their own programming language and there are some difference in the in the way of writing the regular selenium automation scripts with Java.
    He helped me and answered all my questions and finally i wrote a code snippet and i was able to execute it.

The 3rd hour was with the hiring manager. This was all theatrical were they asked some questions on my current project, the kind of work i do etc. I was given an given a scenario and was asked to come up with the test cases to test that, this round didnt go well and the interviewer expected me to tell a couple of cases that i didnt think about.

Overall, it was a good experience and i felt the work atmosphere was very good.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Mateo, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and helped me to overcome nervousness.
    Hiring manager was honest in describing the role / responsibilities to me.
    He was good at telling both positive and negative aspects of being at guidewire.

I was given a decision 1 day after my in-person interviews.
    Interview questions were similar to the questions described in rest on the interview feedbacks.

Interview Questions

• Automation of a UI test for a web page   2 Answers

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in January 2008.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me by phone. After the initial screen, went in for 1:1 meeting. I was suppose to meet with 4 people, but meet only with 2. The questions were typical of asking background of resume and then asking technical questions from resume. SQL questions and basic logic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Was asked totally trivial questions about Java, SQL, and black-box testing
    during a courteous 1-hour 1:1 interview.

Returned for a planned 4 hour interview in software testing, expecting programming and puzzle questions. Was asked absolutely nothing relevant to testing and software verification during
    the initial 45 minute period by a quirky and non-technical "program manager" who obviously
    had not read my resume at all. As best I could figure from his mindless babbling, the questions
    concerned estimating the priority of testing various drop-boxes and check-boxes in a GUI
    application that he was barely able to even describe. The remainder of the interview didn't
    even take place. I departed and refused to shake the interviewer's hand upon leaving.

Interview Questions

• Sample questions concerning Java or SQL.   2 Answers