Guidewire Senior Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Senior Implementation Consultant Interview Questions

4.0

Senior Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

refered by friend, applied, contacted and set up phone interview 1 (passed), took 3 hour technical test (passed), trip to chicago for final interview (was 3 seperate 1 hour interviews) - passed. On the way home from chicago I got an email letting me know they were working on my offer. 3 days later I had my offer and accepted

Interview Questions

• I had background in there software, there for nothing was very difficult or surprising. In chicago I had to write some code for a recursive function to meet a specific need.,   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them a range and they of coarse started at the lowest end even though I nailed the interview. Fortuently I made my lowest number the number I was really wanting and that anything more was a bonus in my mind. I did ask why they offered what they did in the range I provided and they were able to explain with decent logic. As well as the company stock helps you not worry about it.

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Senior Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Referred by a Guidewire employee and I got a very good first impression of the company from him. Interview process, though, is a bit lengthy and it took me more than a month to go through it. One thing I liked about the company and interviewers is that everyone takes time to talk about the company and they show the pride being part of Guidewire.
    Round 1 - Started with HR who conducted screening interview on phone to make sure that I have enough hands-on coding experience not just high level design or architecture.
    Round 2 - Technical Phone interview with more emphasis on OOPS concepts and basic Java / JEE questions
    Round 3 - Coding exam for 3 hours with 3 coding problems to solve. First one is on JDBC, second one is to fix a buggy and inefficient program on Java I/O and the last one is on JMS.
    Round 4 - Another technical Phone interview, this time, not only on Java / JEE basics but also on design and architecture
    Round 5 - I was called to Chicago for 3 back-to-back personal interviews each interview lasting appox. 1 hour. Two of them are technical in nature and the last one was more on communication, interpersonal skills and domain experience. I was asked to write a program on the fly in one of the technical interviews. I was asked to talk about my prior project experience and was asked to explain design decisions that I had to take in my previous projects.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that takes a number from 100 to 999 as input and prints in words   Answer Question
    • What is difference between optimistic and pessimistic concurrency?   Answer Question
    • What design questions will you ask the customer when data has to be sent across heterogenous systems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have not negotiated as I belived that the offer is competitive