Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Asked a few questions about what classes I was taking and overall experience (stuff from resume). Then asked a question about license plates and how I would design software structures for that particular application. Don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions

• Asked to design software structures for license plates   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Mostly consisted of phone interviews. Theby ask you questions about software design and data structures. Interview will be easy if you know concepts. They also asks you behavioural questions about projects you have worked on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted to set up a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager introduced himself and asked what I know about Guidewire. Then he asked me a design question and I had to go through the design steps and the second question was on data structures. I did not understand the question exactly though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call from recruiter in couple of days.
    Discussed about my background. Scheduled phone interview with one of the technical engineer.
    But did not get call on the scheduled time. Then later rescheduled the interview. Interviewer was helpful. Asked some questions on hashmap and linked list, about time complexities and sorrting

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

45 minute long technical interview. I walked them through my resume and talked about my side projects. The technical portion focusing on Java skills and using an IDE efficiently. Emphasis was placed on explaining my thought process out loud. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and remained relaxed during the entire process. At the end, I asked questions about how they enjoyed working at Guidewire and what the internship program entailed.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in December 2015.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter in my application online on their career site. A coding test was scheduled for 2 hrs. I finished the test by answering all the questions correct. And that's it. No body contacted me for 50 days. After couple of follow up emails to HR and recruiters, one day recruiter called me only to tell that they have filled that position. He told me I did great in the coding test, but without even giving me a chance of interview, they closed the position by offering that position to someone else. I found this conduct highly unprofessional. Didn't expect this from a "best place to work in US" company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Los Gatos, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

applied online on company's website
    got a call to know my background
    Then They scheduled a technical call with one of the engineers
    The engineer was quite helpful and seemed interested in the interview process

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions wer asked based on hashmap
      memory management
      garbage collection
      sorting algorithms and its complexity
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied at the career fair, and was had to do a relatively simple coding challenge on the back of my resume, which I completed. Was later emailed that they'd like to interview me on campus. After chatting for a bit, the two engineers interviewing me had me do a couple coding problems on a computer that all built off of each other. I solved all of them, perhaps taking a bit longer on the last one than I should have. I was later emailed that I had positive reviews from my interview and they were still deciding. The next week they emailed me that they couldn't offer me a position, but they encouraged me to apply again and had added my name to people they were interested in for the future. Being a sophomore, I can't have too many complaints.

Interview Questions

• First writing a method that generated license plate numbers by taking certain formatted strings and converting certain numbers into letters. Next, a method that used that method to check if certain strings were valid license plates. Finally, writing a method that generated all possible correctly formatted license plates. Was also asked about hypothetical ways to improve solutions although they told me not to worry too much about efficiency.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the first phone interview invitation 3 or 4 days later. The first round is about basic Java knowledge. The second round phone interview needs access to internet. The interviewer will send a link to your email. It is like coderpad. I was asked to do some coding. Both interviewers are pretty nice. The pace is quick. When you got the point, he moves to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java interview questions. Like how does HashMap deal with collision?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the recruiter after a week. The recruiter asked about a few technical questions that were straight out of the book. No problems there as the recruiter was keen on understanding whether I could code or not. I was scheduled for a phone screen. That was it!

Interview Questions

• Given a list L1(L11, L12)->L2->L3(L31, L32)->L4. (L1->L2 means that L1 is the parent and L2 is the child. L1(L11, L12) means that the nodes are adjoined). Flatten the list at the same level. Collabedit interview.   Answer Question