Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Birmingham, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted through LinkedIn saying that your skills and experience matching the position we have right now. During HR call they asked me more than twice about the offers that I had at that time. They told for phone screening technical and two days after the interview they again contacted saying your skills are very impressive and called for onsite interview. Again they asked that whether I have any offers and I had one other offer at that time. They told that they are worried about other offer before onsite interview. The interviewers looks professional because I think they have good management skills but they didn't have perfect grip on the technologies they are working on. But totally ok interview. Most funniest thing is that they denied to give you me an offer saying that you are too Jr for considering to this role because they itself called me and they played partial role in losing other offer as well. Please be careful in considering for the interview. This interview wasted my valuable time and I spent lot of money for my travel. I think God only knows the original reason to be contacted by this type of time wasting people

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. They asked me two questions and had me code them up. They let me draw stuff out on the whiteboard, but I didn't need to for most of it. Pretty basic questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guidewire in March 2017.

Interview

A lovely woman called me. Asked questions about company, questions about my past projects and current education. Invited me then to stage two which is Codility test. Test went horrible.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about the company?
      2. Why would you like to work in the company ?
      3. Salary exceptations ?
      4. Experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Asked a few questions about what classes I was taking and overall experience (stuff from resume). Then asked a question about license plates and how I would design software structures for that particular application. Don't remember specifics.

Interview Questions

• Asked to design software structures for license plates   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call from recruiter in couple of days.
    Discussed about my background. Scheduled phone interview with one of the technical engineer.
    But did not get call on the scheduled time. Then later rescheduled the interview. Interviewer was helpful. Asked some questions on hashmap and linked list, about time complexities and sorrting

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Kraków (Poland)) in April 2016.

Interview

After exchanging couple of e-mails with a recruiter I received a screening call. Then a coding assignment to complete at home was arranged (now they're using Codility instead).
    After that I had a technical call with an engineer which covered some very basic Java and databases concepts. There were questions about how I test my code and how I estimate tasks.
    Finally there was a 2 hour onsite interview.
    The first hour was a friendly conversation with a manager, who asked about my past experience, why I am looking for a new job and what are my expectations. I could also ask any question regarding the company and was given satisfactory answers.
    The next part was a technical interview with two engineers, where I was given a coding problem to solve. They were asking for details and possible complexity improvements of my solution. There were also some general programming and Java questions. At the and of the interview I had another opportunity to ask some questions.

The whole process took around 4 weeks including the Easter break.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Kraków (Poland)) in June 2016.

Interview

At first the process seemed very positive. I was a bit surprised that there was pretty much no algorithms or problem solving questions. After the onsite interviews I got an offer for a position in Cracow. However, I told my recruiter that I would be much more interested in a position in Dublin where their main European office is. She said that they will start hiring for Dublin roles soon and that she will be in touch. When she didn't update me and I followed up her she just didn't respond. Very unprofessional behaviour, as a candidate who received an offer I felt like the company didn't respect me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Mostly consisted of phone interviews. Theby ask you questions about software design and data structures. Interview will be easy if you know concepts. They also asks you behavioural questions about projects you have worked on.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guidewire in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is split up into four parts:
    First, there is a telephone interview with H.R. They ask you about your experience, your knowledge of java, etc. The purpose of this interview is to see if you are a cultural fit for the company.
    Second, there is a code test. The test is in java, and there are 4 questions - JDBC, Collections, Bad Code, JMS. You must do two questions.
    Third, there is a technical telephone interview with a team. They ask questions and test your knowledge of Java, SQL, and XML.
    Finally, there is a face-to-face interview at their offices. They will ask you about the contents of the code test, and also ask you to explain some things on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to do problem-solving? Give an example and explain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted to set up a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager introduced himself and asked what I know about Guidewire. Then he asked me a design question and I had to go through the design steps and the second question was on data structures. I did not understand the question exactly though.