Guitar Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guitar Center Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hendersonville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I met the Interviewer at a hotel because they were opening a location that had not been fully opened yet and he and I talked for about 15-20 minutes. Overall I would say it was more casual in nature and a judgement of my personality rather than qualifications that is typically taken care of by the online resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Slow and very unprofessional. Interviewed in groups of 5+ in small room. Interviewer didn't look up at us at all, just felt like he wanted to get it over with. I applied online and didn't get a response till weeks later. I still think guitar center is the best way to go for musician but their interview process was horrible.

Pro Audio Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hallandale, FL).

Interview

Good interview asked many different question and then some odd ones. Told me there was room for advancement and got me excited about the position. Manager bragged about what he was getting paid and where he was at in the company.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone wanted to but dj equipment etc   Answer Question

AP Trade Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by corporate HR hiring manager who was interested in filling the position quickly. This person asked the usual and general questions. There were no technical questions since they had no accounting background. Only went through the first initial phone screen. After that, if you passed, I suspect they would have proceeded with in person interview at their corporate headquarters.

Enterprise Social Media Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with their HR department. The process to get a screening interview took 2 weeks and it takes another week before they call if they are interested in an in person interview. My best advice is to be prepared. I thought they would be asking general interview questions since it's just with the HR department, but they had very specific questions and the call lasted about 30 to 45 mins. I also thought the job description was a little misleading. The main focus of this position will be to review, analyze and create reports of their social media marketing campaigns. It seems like they are looking for an analyst rather than a specialist.

Interview Questions

• How would your ideal supervisor's management style be?   Answer Question
    • What is the process you go through to create social media content?   Answer Question

Guitar Repair Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hamilton, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

After being contacted directly by corporate HR and being offered jobs that weren't ACTUALLY available... I was interviewed in store by a "sales" manager for a Guitar Repair job. I never actually was asked ANYTHING about my repair abilities or experience other than the length of time I had been working.

The entire interview which was over an hour, consisted of sales questions.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were sales related. Anything concerning my repair abilities was glazed over with "well, you know you can do repairs but, can you manage a sales quota?" things like that.   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Tigard, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was only one with a possible call back. Interview was an informal attire with informal communication. the questions were directly related to the job assignment and criteria. the interview itself was in the general area of the store not in a enclosed office or private. the call back or second interview was more pointed and directed to the direct needs of the organization relative to the ability of myself and my desires and needs.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. All questions were directly related to the store retail products and sales.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interesting place. I applied online and received an email invitation from an HR rep for a phone interview with her which we scheduled for the next day at 10 am. At 10 am the next day I am waiting by the phone with details of the position in hand so I can discuss it intelligently. No call. After an hour I send an email "sorry I missed your call can we reschedule?", no response, next I call the HR rep and leave a voice mail, still no response. At the end of the day around 5:30ish I get an email from the recruiter apologizing for missing the interview but something came up and could we reschedule for the next day. I responded that would be fine and she could call anytime. Nothing. More emails and phone messages and still nothing. I can understand that people are busy and things come up but the lack of common courtesy and professionalism after missing the second call was very disappointing and could be indicative of how people are treated in this corporation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Flint, MI).

Interview

Went in for an open interview process. Waited for about 45 minutes, as there were a lot of people waiting for an interview. Eventually, I was called back to the back office. One of the sales floor managers who I was familiar with from previous personal sale experiences interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between tube tone and solid-state tone.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Just like others, I passed the phone interview, however, when I met with the SFMO, and the collections manager, all looked good. However, I was passed on as a candidate with no reason given as to why. This seemed unprofessional to me.