Guitar Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Relaxed. If you are a good fit for the job the interview will go very smooth. Just be yourself. You will be selling products to customers so you better be able to sell yourself and be likable. Don't act like an idiot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the music industry?   3 Answers

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

had a phone screening and they liked me so they wanted to interview me. process was rushed so it was a panel interview and met with two HR people all in one day. the panel included the team and the superior of another team.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to look over my own code that i had in one of my portfolios.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (New York, NY).

Interview

Taken to management office to speak with the managers. Asked me standard questions, and some questions to see my interest in the field i was applying for. Nice people and non offensive interview.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

met with one person for a minute then had human resource director offer me a job on the spot. I was hired within one week and then had three weeks training my class started with 33 people six graduated and to have lasted 90 days I am one of them until today I quit.

Interview Questions

• do you have experience in customer service handling complaints?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Went online, applied for four positions at two different locations. Called the store managers to follow up. Scheduled an interview. Was fairly laid back. Didn't feel pressured. They were pretty honest about what the job was like, although they did exaggerate the pay and commission to make it seem like you can make a descent living there.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between different series of guitars of the same manufacturer and model (for example, the differences between a Gibson Les Paul Standard, Custom, Studio, Traditional, Classic, etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

You apply online, click which position(s) you want and wait for a call for an interview. If it's a brand new store it is a group interview and you go through one with two members of the corporate team (with a group of about 4 or 5 other people with you) and then move on to another room with the managers of the store (store manager, whoever is over sales, and whoever is over operations). They ask you about yourself and give you the floor to ask questions. Then there's a phone interview by whichever manager is interested in you and you wait to see if you get hired or not. It was all very quick but I was hired months later. Be yourself, show your a team player. No prior experience needed.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy and quick. Only one interview and they let me know right away. I didn't even apply for the position the recruiter just started calling me and texting me about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was out of town so the manager on duty s nice enough to conduct a phone interview instead of the traditional face to face. The management team was very personable and seemed up hiring me.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Denver, CO).

Interview

I filled out the online application at guitarcenter.com and met with the store manager the same day. We sat, one-on-one in his office and talked for a long while about my history as a musician and my work history. It was a very casual conversation mainly about music and how Guitar Center operated. The interview was mainly a judge of my conversational skills and my ability to interact with someone I had first met. I then was taken to meet and spend some time with the two associates in the department I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hendersonville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I met the Interviewer at a hotel because they were opening a location that had not been fully opened yet and he and I talked for about 15-20 minutes. Overall I would say it was more casual in nature and a judgement of my personality rather than qualifications that is typically taken care of by the online resume.