Guitar Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guitar Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Pretty relaxed. Just talked about my musical experience and why I wanted to work there. After talking about being in school for recording I pretty much sealed the job and we began to small talk.

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (West Hills, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Process was amazing. First class organization. Everyone was very open and honest and the hospitality was top notch. I had multiple screens on phone and several in person interviews and also given the lay of the land for job and team. Well put together

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the on boarding of taking on a role that will have been sought after by staff you now manage?   1 Answer

Due to timing of moving to west coast. It was a hard decision and one that I hope someday opens up again as we were that impressed by the culture and future

Shipping Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

For the interview they first start you off with a phone interview and ask questions such as: are you able to work holidays and stand for long periods of time. They also may ask for examples of times when you helped someone out or something. After the phone interview for the face to face one you are asked a few more questions I dont recall what those ones were but after the questions were asked I was taken on a short tour of the warehouse. Before all that though they are supposed to have you fill out a paper application at the warehouse before you do the face to face, but they forgot to give me the application so I had to go on back up there to fill it out again that day.

Interview Questions

• Are you fine with working overtime?   1 Answer

Pro Audio Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

First apply online. Get called for group interview, get called back for second interview with two managers, get a third call back to accept the job if you are the right fit. A lot of it is based on your pro level experience and your sales based drive to hit a goal.

Interview Questions

• How are you with recommending a certain product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Slow and very unprofessional. Interviewed in groups of 5+ in small room. Interviewer didn't look up at us at all, just felt like he wanted to get it over with. I applied online and didn't get a response till weeks later. I still think guitar center is the best way to go for musician but their interview process was horrible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Short and did not cover any pertinent job related experience. I was one of at least 20 there for a group interview before the store opened. When called, each interview was less than 5 minutes, and completely impersonal.

Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Winter Park, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with the Operations Manager, Store Manager, and Repairs Area Coordinator to speak about the job responsibilities and expectations. All were friendly and accommodating and provided an ample amount of information for me to make a decision. The team was welcoming and looks like they work well together as I was waiting for the interview to start.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Aurora, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed with one other person who was also hired. We went over some of the job requirements with the store manager, and answered some questions about ourselves. We discussed our previous experience and why we wanted to work for Guitar Center.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Guitar Center?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Salem, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Basically you go through a phone interview, if you impress you get another interview and if they really like you, along comes the final interview where you meet with both managers and you have to sell them something.

Interview Questions

• basic questions, why do you want this job, experience, why you would be a good fit, etc   1 Answer

Repair Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

It was hands on. Given two guitars to fix. One was a set up and the other was doing some wiring. I actually really enjoyed it!

If you know what you're doing then you've got nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was short and easy.