Guitar Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

1.9

Guitar Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day, the person on the phone asked me about my musical experience and music education as well, we scheduled a time for the interview and a few days later I did the interview, the interview itself was pretty layback didn't last more than 30 minutes, I played something in my guitar, then talked about myself, Time availability, did some sight reading and that was basically it.
    The overall experience was really nice it was really 'chill' for a job interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negociate

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Independence, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked if i had experience with a cherry picker and what would you do questions. Very easy we mostly talked about restaurants we loved then walked around and showed me the warehouse

Part Time Guitar Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Online screen (easy if you have common sense) followed by group interview followed by in person 1 on 1 with the store manager. Group interviews can range from 5-15 people with a manager asking everyone the same question. 1 on 1 was pretty long and in depth. They are looking for good customer service skills and a willingness to learn. Product knowledge is good but secondary to attitude.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this stapler"   1 Answer
    • Name some high end brands of acoustic guitars   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Sat down with the manager and answered questions about my history as a musician.

Made my case for why I thought I would make a great employee.

Had to go through a mock sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Super relaxed. I was dressed in a suit and tie and could not have felt more dumb about it. They asked me typical gear questions like what I played on and what features I'd point out on a guitar. Then they asked me to pitch a PC (pro coverage) and it was awkward but I got through it. They are more interested in finding a sales associate than a gear head I will tell you that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask anything. I showed up, took a typin test and was offered a job. I hd to wait 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time to talk to someone unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to consent to a background test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat in an office and talked for an hour and a half about music, guitars, and my experience as a musician with the top 2 managers. It was relaxed. I dressed to impress and it was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Guitar center? (typical)   1 Answer

Lessons Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Carle Place, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online, got a phone call from the store manager then had to go through a series of online forms, then finally went in for an interview and then had to go through more online forms

Interview Questions

• do you want to see success from your students   1 Answer

Pro Audio Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hallandale, FL).

Interview

Good interview asked many different question and then some odd ones. Told me there was room for advancement and got me excited about the position. Manager bragged about what he was getting paid and where he was at in the company.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone wanted to but dj equipment etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Salem, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified a few days later for an interview. You then go in and sit in a group of other applicants and ask rather simple gear questions to identify whether or not you'd be a good salesperson.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions gauging whether you could sell or not.   Answer Question