Guitar Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask anything. I showed up, took a typin test and was offered a job. I hd to wait 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time to talk to someone unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to consent to a background test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat in an office and talked for an hour and a half about music, guitars, and my experience as a musician with the top 2 managers. It was relaxed. I dressed to impress and it was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Guitar center? (typical)   1 Answer

Lessons Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Carle Place, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online, got a phone call from the store manager then had to go through a series of online forms, then finally went in for an interview and then had to go through more online forms

Interview Questions

• do you want to see success from your students   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in a group environment. They went around the room and asked us random questions, then they asked us to vote on who they would hire. I voted for myself, and revieved over one third of the votes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hallandale, FL).

Interview

Good interview asked many different question and then some odd ones. Told me there was room for advancement and got me excited about the position. Manager bragged about what he was getting paid and where he was at in the company.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone wanted to but dj equipment etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Salem, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified a few days later for an interview. You then go in and sit in a group of other applicants and ask rather simple gear questions to identify whether or not you'd be a good salesperson.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions gauging whether you could sell or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, Dave Ucci. Dave was very straight-forward with his questions and the environment was pretty laid-back, which created a more comfortable interview. Dave was super friendly occasionally cracked out a joke. This interview was super easy, didn't take long and Dave got back to me in two days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in sales, preferably another music store?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Went in for first interview, then was passed up to next interviewer the following week where they described salary, benefits, etc. Then we discussed hours, they wanted part time, I need full time.

AP Trade Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by corporate HR hiring manager who was interested in filling the position quickly. This person asked the usual and general questions. There were no technical questions since they had no accounting background. Only went through the first initial phone screen. After that, if you passed, I suspect they would have proceeded with in person interview at their corporate headquarters.

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Visalia, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically asked me if I could read and write and use a computer. They also wanted to know if I had any customer service experience. The interviewing managers were nothing more than snot nosed brats that looked fresh out of highschool. The store manager looked half stoned all the time. Her tattoos proved that she was a big stoner