Guitar Center Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guitar Center Operations Associate Interview Questions

1.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

You apply online, click which position(s) you want and wait for a call for an interview. If it's a brand new store it is a group interview and you go through one with two members of the corporate team (with a group of about 4 or 5 other people with you) and then move on to another room with the managers of the store (store manager, whoever is over sales, and whoever is over operations). They ask you about yourself and give you the floor to ask questions. Then there's a phone interview by whichever manager is interested in you and you wait to see if you get hired or not. It was all very quick but I was hired months later. Be yourself, show your a team player. No prior experience needed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guitar Center

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I was first interviewed as a group. I honestly didn't think I'd get the job due to the fact that I didn't know very much about musical instruments. I was then called to attend a second interview. I was interviewed by the general manager and operations manager of the store. They were very easy going and made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three favorite artists?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quite colloquial. Questions were related to the type of work and experience. They focused more in describe what are the operations associate duties and they asked you questions about. Most of them your answer is based on your availability and interest of doing that kind of job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online got an email from a Recuriter telling me about a new store that was coming to my area set up an phone interview with the Recuriter shortly after I was contacted by the store manager we had a face to face also met with the operations manager we all clicked I was told that if they wanted to hire me I would receive an email within a day or to but later the day I got the email shortly after another phone call with the store manger they paid me according to my experience I started the job 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• What type of music do I like   1 Answer

Negotiation

They paid based off my work history it was high according to what they start people with they asked me to keep it to myself to prevent problems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Tigard, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was only one with a possible call back. Interview was an informal attire with informal communication. the questions were directly related to the job assignment and criteria. the interview itself was in the general area of the store not in a enclosed office or private. the call back or second interview was more pointed and directed to the direct needs of the organization relative to the ability of myself and my desires and needs.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. All questions were directly related to the store retail products and sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Tulsa, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

Short in-person interview with operations manager about company guidelines and expectations. Also discussed my physical ability to lift boxes and unload freight, as well as an accommodating work schedule. Offered a job on the spot, and started working the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Rockville, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Very simple and easy, casual and short. My future manager sat me down in the office, asked me what I know about the company and what I know about the position, why would I want to work there and etc.