Guitar Center Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.0

Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Relaxed. If you are a good fit for the job the interview will go very smooth. Just be yourself. You will be selling products to customers so you better be able to sell yourself and be likable. Don't act like an idiot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in the music industry?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Guitar Center

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Went online, applied for four positions at two different locations. Called the store managers to follow up. Scheduled an interview. Was fairly laid back. Didn't feel pressured. They were pretty honest about what the job was like, although they did exaggerate the pay and commission to make it seem like you can make a descent living there.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between different series of guitars of the same manufacturer and model (for example, the differences between a Gibson Les Paul Standard, Custom, Studio, Traditional, Classic, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was out of town so the manager on duty s nice enough to conduct a phone interview instead of the traditional face to face. The management team was very personable and seemed up hiring me.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Denver, CO).

Interview

I filled out the online application at guitarcenter.com and met with the store manager the same day. We sat, one-on-one in his office and talked for a long while about my history as a musician and my work history. It was a very casual conversation mainly about music and how Guitar Center operated. The interview was mainly a judge of my conversational skills and my ability to interact with someone I had first met. I then was taken to meet and spend some time with the two associates in the department I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hendersonville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I met the Interviewer at a hotel because they were opening a location that had not been fully opened yet and he and I talked for about 15-20 minutes. Overall I would say it was more casual in nature and a judgement of my personality rather than qualifications that is typically taken care of by the online resume.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Pretty relaxed. Just talked about my musical experience and why I wanted to work there. After talking about being in school for recording I pretty much sealed the job and we began to small talk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Slow and very unprofessional. Interviewed in groups of 5+ in small room. Interviewer didn't look up at us at all, just felt like he wanted to get it over with. I applied online and didn't get a response till weeks later. I still think guitar center is the best way to go for musician but their interview process was horrible.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Aurora, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed with one other person who was also hired. We went over some of the job requirements with the store manager, and answered some questions about ourselves. We discussed our previous experience and why we wanted to work for Guitar Center.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Guitar Center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Draper, UT).

Interview

Extremely quick interview. With member of lower management - or "Team Leader". Most questions were based off of prior experience with retail/music. Was offered the job the next day over the phone and asked for my most immediate time frame for training. Most of the questions were standardized questions:

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a sales inviorment?
      Are you competetiive?
      What instruments do you play?
      Give me an example of when ____?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Rockville, MD).

Interview

met with the Sales Training Manager who asked me about myself, and then proceeded to ask product knowledge questions. After product knowledge questions, we discussed the wage and commission system (which was poorly explained), and then I had another interview with the store manager with similar questions, geared more toward customer service and my personal background.

Interview Questions

• What are the "standard" drum sizes   1 Answer