Gulfstream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Operations and Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA).

Interview

First there was a phone screen. I was then contacted about an in person interview. Being that I interviewed for two positions, I had a panel interview with 7 people. They had a list of questions already typed out (individual contributor interview guide) and they provide you these questions when you walk into the room. Nothing techincal was asked outside of the phone screen. They were not very organized and half of the panel did not even seem interested in being there. At the end of the interview, I was told I had a very good chance being that there were mulptiple openings. I received an email a week later stating I was no longer being considered. Have been applying for more than 5 years. Was not provided any reason for not being selected. Personal conclusions, based on my qualifications and the background of the interviewers, is it was a race based decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave a coworker or customer the wrong information and then learned you made a mistake...how did you handle it? what was the outcome?

Tell me about a time you had to shift priorities or change plans to deal with a crisis. What was the situation?

Tell me about a time when it was important, but very hard for you to build a relationship...what was the situation? Why was it important to build the relationship? What made it hard?

Tell us about your proudest accomplishments.

What are your long term career aspirations?

What interests you in this position?

What do you see as the role of an Operations/Industrial Engineer?

Tell us what motivated you to pursue your particular degree?
      1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Phone interview for about an hour with questions about my resume. Then onsite panel interview going over past experiences and behavior related questions. Tour of the facility and then a one on one with the hiring manager. Great team and position but I accepted an offer elsewhere in the company before they made their decision.

Interview Questions

• Would you compromise on quality given a tight schedule and fast approaching deadline?   Answer Question

Senior Finisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Online application once selected you set up an interview then it was a Standard panel interview questions, urine screen , plant your , resume review , background check then two weeks to wait . Very little job specific training but a week long orientation.

Interview Questions

• What was one difficult personal problem you encountered and how did you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview after a fairly rigorous vetting process for all of the resumes submitted for the job, the interviewer was extremely nice and the process as a whole was very smooth. Questions were really nothing out of the ordinary and the interview itself pretty much turned into a regular conversation.

Flight Controls Engineer (Eng 1-NX) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream.

Interview

Explained in brief about the position.
    Introduced myself.
    Interviewer asked a few questions and then showed little to no interest.
    At the end, I knew that I would no longer be considered.
    Interview is also difficult for an entry level position even though I answered questions to the best of my knowledge.

Internhsip Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream in February 2017.

Interview

it was a phone interview for an internship position and there were two interviewers which were from the technical department. It was a brief one and lasted for approx 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did u choose your university? Things you liked and didn't liked about ur previous job   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Notified by "Staffing" of selection for an interview, who I would be interviewing with (multiple people, but no clarification regarding one or multiple opportunities; interview or interview(s), and date and time were set. Ironically, my last name and that of one of the interviewers was the same, prompting an additional phone call from an "HR" for clarification, and further followed up by a "Conflict of Interest" questionnaire to ascertain previous Government affiliations. Directions from Staffing entered into GPS took me to the wrong entrance, delaying my arrival for the interview. (Huge campus, highly secured) I notified Staffing, was redirected to appropriate location, and interviewers had been notified. Arrived professionally prepared with comprehensive personnel packages for all interviewers identified. I felt the Interview went exceptionally well; mutually impressed.

Interview Questions

• When have you been in a critical situation requiring you to pull together multiple resources from multiple disciplines to facilitate resolution?   Answer Question
    • What specific skills as identified in the job description do you bring that set you apart?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire YOU?   Answer Question
    • Final: Tell us why you believe you are best qualified for this position, and WHY do you want it?   Answer Question

Summer CollegeIndustrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream in January 2017.

Interview

This was a telephone interview. I'm being asked several questions (7+) regarding your experiences and personality by a hiring manager and another five engineers. I'll highly recommended that be sure to understand every details you list on your resume before jump in to the interview!!

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Friendly interview with a board of people (3 or so). Although the company HR is slow, they always maintain a high-degree of professionalism. No formal form of contact to check up on hiring process or follow up. After the interview, the board gave me a tour of the facility.

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA).

Interview

First I had a group interview. There I sat with several human factors practitioners and discussed my experience. I then was given a test of human factors scenarios that would need to be solved. I was given a tour of the facility. I was then taken to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of various scenarios of how to solve basic human factors problems.   Answer Question