Gulfstream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

None!! No one even called me on the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream in January 2007.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview withHR, interview with department manager, then interviewed w/dept mgr and senior manager. Pretty detailed interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You offer will be based on the salary grade/range for that position. Negotiations are difficult to none.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview after a fairly rigorous vetting process for all of the resumes submitted for the job, the interviewer was extremely nice and the process as a whole was very smooth. Questions were really nothing out of the ordinary and the interview itself pretty much turned into a regular conversation.

Flight Controls Engineer (Eng 1-NX) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream.

Interview

Explained in brief about the position.
    Introduced myself.
    Interviewer asked a few questions and then showed little to no interest.
    At the end, I knew that I would no longer be considered.
    Interview is also difficult for an entry level position even though I answered questions to the best of my knowledge.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Notified by "Staffing" of selection for an interview, who I would be interviewing with (multiple people, but no clarification regarding one or multiple opportunities; interview or interview(s), and date and time were set. Ironically, my last name and that of one of the interviewers was the same, prompting an additional phone call from an "HR" for clarification, and further followed up by a "Conflict of Interest" questionnaire to ascertain previous Government affiliations. Directions from Staffing entered into GPS took me to the wrong entrance, delaying my arrival for the interview. (Huge campus, highly secured) I notified Staffing, was redirected to appropriate location, and interviewers had been notified. Arrived professionally prepared with comprehensive personnel packages for all interviewers identified. I felt the Interview went exceptionally well; mutually impressed.

Interview Questions

• When have you been in a critical situation requiring you to pull together multiple resources from multiple disciplines to facilitate resolution?   Answer Question
    • What specific skills as identified in the job description do you bring that set you apart?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire YOU?   Answer Question
    • Final: Tell us why you believe you are best qualified for this position, and WHY do you want it?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Gulf Stream is looking for dedicated individuals who are going to commit for a minimum of half a decade. They check eligibility based on your personality in order to see if you would fit into their company's culture. There were 2-3 interviewers who asked questions ranging from academic knowledge to making potential decisions in certain circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years if you were offered a job here at GulfStream?   Answer Question

I was unable to commit for the 5 years that they had offered me.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream.

Interview

The interview lasted about 45 minutes with a panel of 3 interviewers. They mainly asked behavioral questions and very specific questions about my resume. Be prepared and know your resume inside and out. Also, review behavioral interview questions.

Communications Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three easy phone interviews led to a more rigorous onsite presentation to senior managers and vetting by peers. Everyone was more than professional, even pleasant. The particular department manager I met with was quite dour and intimidating but still professional. Personally I do not like the presentation format for an interview as the topics given really narrow the focus of discussion but that's what they asked for. If I really wanted the job, I should've spent more time researching successful presentations of this type. I treated the entire experience as a practice interview/exercise as I had no intentions of moving to Savannah, GA, as lovely as it is.

Interview Questions

• Did you find it more difficult to prepare for this presentation or to present it live?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was very long. Patience is important. The online job management was helpful. It is very by the book in terms of the hiring process. I found that applying to every position I was qualified for helped. I sent in 22 applications and received 2 interviews and got and offer

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were technical   1 Answer

Aircraft Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Westfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was very professional and straight to the point. Two interviewer line of questions. While professional both gave a very welcoming vibe throughout. With that said they fish for very detailed specific answers so DO NOT show up unprepared. They were looking for problem solving skills more then specific job skills. A hefty resume without excellent preparation and communication skills will not work here. Unfortunately I can say that first hand. Regardless of not getting the offer the process was one of my more enjoyable interviewing experiences.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a specific work related event in which one of your greatest weaknesses was exploited. How was the problem overcome and remedied? How did this experience make you a better employee?   Answer Question