Gulfstream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.7

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA).

Interview

First I had a group interview. There I sat with several human factors practitioners and discussed my experience. I then was given a test of human factors scenarios that would need to be solved. I was given a tour of the facility. I was then taken to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of various scenarios of how to solve basic human factors problems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream.

Interview

Straight forward scenario based questions from three interviewers. Nothing was pressured and everything was professional. The questions were not difficult to answer, but they were a little leading. Make sure that you cover your bases and have all of your time that is in your resume justified. All in all it was a fairly simple process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gulfstream in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiters at a career fair, and I received a phone call a few hours asking to be called in for an interview. I signed up for an interview time, and prepared for the interview.

After the interview, they asked me to apply online as soon as the jobs were posted.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. Asked questions about my resume, and they described the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Be prepared to think outside the box for some of the questions, as they try to see how quickly you think. A mixture of technical and behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and be prepared with some good questions at the end. Ended up getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took a leadership role on a project   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus the day after I met with recruiters at a career fair. The questions mostly consisted of résumé questions and behavioral questions. My interviewers were students/recent graduates outside my major, so I wasn't asked any hard technical questions. I don't think they were actually expecting to hire for my major, but they don't get many applicants from my major and were interested enough to interview me, and suggested that I apply to other internship positions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique and stand out from our other candidates?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream in September 2016.

Interview

Straight forward phone interview with the hiring manager and three people who'd be on the team. After introducing the panel, they asked me to describe my academic background and point out the highlights of my resume. It was for a R&D position so the questions weren't the conventional behavioral type. Most of them were specific to avionics systems integration and flight testing.

They did disclose that they were looking for more of an electrical engineer as opposed to an aerospace engineer. I was notified within 2 days that they'd gone with a different candidate.

Electronics Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone set up two days in advance by the staffing team. The tone of the interview was very relaxed and not filled with behavioural nightmares. The recruiting team only went off the resume and only wanted to check if my profile fits their job description properly.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that sets you apart from all other applcants we have for this position.   Answer Question

Systems Verification and Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and the panel consisted of 3 members in the Systems group that was hiring for the position. It lasted for almost 50 minutes. The interviewers were quite casual and friendly. The behavioral and technical questions were based on my past experiences and projects, and there were a few situational questions too.

Interview Questions

• Technical: Mainly resume based and knowledge on certain skills required for the role.
      Behavioral: Describe a time when you gave the wrong information to people and the way you handled it.
      Situational: How would you prioritize your work if there were two deadlines approaching simultaneously?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream.

Interview

The interview lasted about 45 minutes with a panel of 3 interviewers. They mainly asked behavioral questions and very specific questions about my resume. Be prepared and know your resume inside and out. Also, review behavioral interview questions.

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and they asked three simple questions. There were two people on the line and they each explained their position and asked me to highlight my resume.