Gulfstream Senior Tax Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

First did a phone interview and then got invited to interview on-site in Savannah, GA. Once in GA, I did three one-on-one interviews and one two-panel interview. After the interviews, I was taken out to lunch by other members of the department. The overall group was very friendly and professional and gave a lot of insight into the position, Gulfstream, and Savannah. The reason I was not extended an offer was that I was told that 'the chemistry' wasn't there, but I am still confused by that statement. I thought I got along well with everyone and my skill set matched what they were looking for. I did have a tough interview with the most senior position over the group and his interview questions were geared toward learning all the negative things about me, and by the end of that session, I felt very defeated. I put a positive spin to my answers, but it seemed he didn't want me there and didn't feel that I had any business interviewing for the position. I'll admit the chemistry there was definately off. However, everyone else I met, I felt a positive connection with. The total interview process has spanned the better part of two months. I am very disappointed in their decision and I wish I had more concrete feedback or examples on why they thought I wouldn't fit in well.

Interview Questions

• On your last evaluation, tell me what your manager put down as one of your weaknesses.   1 Answer