Gulfstream Technical Specialist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gulfstream Technical Specialist I Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream in November 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews. They like to hire people they know, I had worked with them as a supplier and they were interested in hiring me, it was down to details. Technical interview but very conversational. One piece of advice I missed....my actual boss was not saying anything...ask a LOT of questions about the position they are trying to fill. Be honest about what you are looking for in your career. They will just ask you to expound on the projects you have listed on your resume to get a feel for you. This was in engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is some work you are proud of. What type of work are you interested in? They were kind of selling the job (should have been a red flag). What systems background do you have? Are you ok with moving to Savannah?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gulfstream

Technical Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream.

Interview

I went to HR and HR escorted me to hiring manager/interview room. There were 3 out of the 5 people in the interview room. Gulfstream does panel interviews fairly often. After the interview I was given a tour of the facility then escorted out.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Application via online company website only. Must pass through computerized processing prior to referral to hiring manager. Pay attention to keywords in posting. First contact usually via phone interview with actual hiring manager. If selected for in-person interview, Gulfstream will arrange travel and lodging at company expense and allot time for familiarization with Savannah GA area. Interview lasts usually about one hour.

Interview Questions

• What about Gulfstream interests you and how can you apply your skills to further the Gulfstream core values   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream (Savannah, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone Interiview
    On site interview

Interview Questions

• Must be prepared to answer everything mentioned in your resume and in as much details as possible. Do not give fake answers to technical problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gulfstream did make a good offer to me. Please be honest during negotiations why you think you deserve more. Do a survey of salary from flcdatacenter. After final negotiations, ask for joining bonus. They will never decline.

Technical Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gulfstream in September 2008.

Interview

First conducted a phone interview. Only HR person at this stage asking preliminary questions about your skills, and asking you questions that the hiring manager prepared before. Basically going over resume.

Then, was invited for the plant tour, where i had one-on-one interview with the hiring manager and two potential leads. Here, some technical questions come up, about the job, and they try to understand if your previous work experience matches what they are looking for. Also some soft skills are tested. A plant tour is given, and then got the job offer two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Gulfstream, rather than Boeing or other airframe manufacturers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given too much room to negotiate other than the start date. (started 4 months after the job offer)