Guru Studio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guru Studio Interview Questions

Interviews at Guru Studio

2.6

Interview

Handed in resume, received email to go for an interview. Very behavioural based. Unpaid internship. At the interview, they have standard set of questions like "tell me about a time you faced a challenge" etc. Very predictable. You first meet the office manager, the hr manager and sometimes another intern. Afterwards, you meet the VP/Manager you'll be working directly under.

3D Modeler/Texturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Guru's HR department was very fast and pleasant to deal with during the entire interview process. I had a quick response to my application and the interview took place the following week.
    I had a memorable impression when i first walked into the office. A board room meeting had just let out and a producer came and introduced herself as well as a few others. I was surprised that so many people already knew who I was just from my application, (even though they were not interviewing me).
    I think this goes to show how much the studio cares about bringing on new talent, as well as the strong communication between departments.
    The interview was comfortable and extremely friendly, even though there were several people in the room. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Following the interview, HR was easy to communicate with and open to answering any/all questions I had.

Interview Questions

• They asked nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe the most difficult question being about the maps I used for texturing.   1 Answer

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guru Studio (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the web site, and some days later got an interview invitation, asking a better date so I could come. The HR sent me another e-mail setting up everything, and I came there.
    I had my interview done by two people, an amiable one and another who barely looked at my face. Didn`t ask much and assumed I wasn't fit for that position due to a lack of knowledge, shortly after demonstrated knowing nothing about my portfolio. Moreover, disregarded my previous experience.
    Heard a lot of good things about the company from reliable friends who work or worked there. If it is the way to choose your employees, the company can miss good people.

Interview Questions

• what is your pipeline, and which softwares do you know?   Answer Question

3D Rigger Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guru Studio in April 2019.

Interview

The HR and Assets leader were really friendly. They tried to explain the project of each detail they are going to do.They also patient answered my questions about this position. Very nice and good experience for me.