Gwinnett County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gwinnett County Public Schools

2.4

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2019.

Interview

Relatively quick interview and offer process. Applied online, called a few schools, received a call back from a middle school in the area. List of questions. Answer them honestly and to best of your ability. Principle was very nice and professional. Turned down the position because of low salary offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had to lead a lesson, how would that look?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools in March 2013.

Interview

Very efficient processing and orientation. Computer and systems access was almost immediate after hire. Current employees and mentoring program was very comforting and helpful. New hires are made to feel part of the establishment right away.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way that all staff can work for the benefit of the students.   1 Answer

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted principal, set up interview. Typical questions asked. I was on a panel with the other administrators. They were kind and caring. I felt comfortable answering their questions. I was them notified by the office several days later that I was offered the job.

Assistant Director of Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager. A few days later, I was contacted for an in person interview which consisted of a panel of four from departments that would be working with this role.

Interview Questions

• How would I assemble a team to clean a school that had been contaminated with a virus?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools in March 2009.

Interview

Interviews occur at the local school level. It depends on the position and the school. At most schools, a committee will meet the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Weren't a lot of pressing questions for AA. Sometimes teachers are thrown for a loop whne they are asked to take the panel through a lesson.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hands are tied.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took place at a career fair sponsored by GCPS.
    The career fair had over 100 card tables set up with administrators from all of the schools.
    Candidates were held in a waiting pen until escorted to their assigned card table for a 15-20 minute interview.

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Norcross, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I did not apply through the online employee site. I directly emailed the department chair at the recommendation of another teacher at my student teaching site. I did a phone screen with the department chair. Then I had a sit-down interview with an Assistant Principal and the Principal. Next, I did a sample lesson that was video recorded since I interviewed over the summer. The last step was a quick phone call with the principal at which point I accepted a position. I was able to select my teaching assignment as they had multiple positions open in the department.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. As a new teacher they ask the expected teaching questions. What is your teaching philosophy? What is you classroom management style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in 30 minutes earlier and the interview was an hour away. I barely made it on time and the interviewer looked at his watch several times while interviewing me. It was very off putting.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle students who didn't want to take the class.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

I was added to the teaching pool and then was interviewed by my individual school. The interview was on Skype and was very fluid. The principal asked many questions about teaching strategies as well as personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was a recent graduate and felt like the world was my oyster. That was, until I interviewed at 15 some schools in GCPS. I nailed all of the questions, had great banter, created thoughtful questions about each school that varied and was individualized. I was offered to tour the schools, meet the teachers that currently worked there (had questions and comments ready for every person I met) and got to sit in on classes, depending on the school's schedule.

I would follow up with the standard thank you email and even ask for feedback on my performance. 99% of the schools never replied to me, in regards to my interview, portfolio, etc. I was left having to just accept that they rejected me and never took two minutes to send me a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your classroom management technique?   Answer Question