Gwinnett County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gwinnett County Public Schools

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (United States) in Apr 2020

Interview

Took about a week to hear back for an interview and then about 4 days to hear back with an offer. The interview was completed through Zoom. Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • How do you motivate kids?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2020

Interview

I put my application in to several county schools on a Friday morning. I got a call a few hours later to interview for one school. By Monday, I had 2 other schools reach out to interview me. I think a lot of this is dependent on the TeacherInsight assessment you have to take. If you score favorable on it, there's a quick turnaround for schools to want to interview you. I had one interview scheduled for the upcoming Tuesday, another for Wednesday, and the last one for the following week. All of the interviews were scheduled with an administrator and were to be over FaceTime, since I am moving to the area but currently live out of state. I did the first 2 interviews and they were each about 20 minutes long. I cancelled the third one when I received offers from both of the schools I'd already interviewed for. The principals were very friendly, direct, and provided a lot of insight into their school environments without me even asking. The general impression I received is that Gwinnett County Public Schools is a great district to work for. An offer was extended to me 1-2 days after each interview. Unlike the state I currently teach in, there was only one interview. There was no demo lesson required. This may be specific to teachers who have some experience already, but the interview process was generally extremely less rigorous than other states. After accepting one of the offers, the principal emailed me to confirm that my offer was submitted to HR. I am awaiting the official offer in my email for this week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA)

Interview

The interview process was easy with the school. However, the county wasn't as easy to get in touch with. There was a short phone interview and lots of communication with the administrative assistant. The next step was a panel interview with the assistant principals and the principal of the school.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Tedious. It was time consuming and seem to duplicate certain line of questioning. The focus seem to be on personality fit as oppose to technical qualification. Many of the interviewers asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in Jul 2019

Interview

Relatively quick interview and offer process. Applied online, called a few schools, received a call back from a middle school in the area. List of questions. Answer them honestly and to best of your ability. Principle was very nice and professional. Turned down the position because of low salary offer.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to lead a lesson, how would that look?

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (United States) in Jul 2019

Interview

Either F2F or Skype Interview. There is usually 1-2 administrators and a teacher representing your subject and/or department there as well. They shift taking turns to ask questions usually and usually collaborate a bit with each other by giving nods or looks. It is good to reference pedagogy as often as possible.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (United States)

Interview

Job fair in which there were many candidates and several schools at once. We each went to a table where we met with and admin from that school. Make sure you bring a portfolio of examples of your work.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions what would I see in your classroom? How do you include co teachers?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Suwanee, GA) in Apr 2019

Interview

Casual, asked in details about the reasons, experiences,etc needed details about the lessons I taught in my role as a long term substitute teacher. the labs, my team & all the support I received. My past experiences in dealing with students & the responses that I received. my professsional life & the years of employment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (United States)

Interview

I was added to the teaching pool and then was interviewed by my individual school. The interview was on Skype and was very fluid. The principal asked many questions about teaching strategies as well as personality.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Public Schools (Suwanee, GA) in Oct 2018

Interview

I was questioned by 2 teachers and 2 administrators. Each person on the panel took turns asking questions. It was a very positive atmosphere. They seemed interested in my answers and even allowed me to question the panel.

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I worked well with a team.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews