Gwinnett County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gwinnett County Schools

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took place at a career fair sponsored by GCPS.
    The career fair had over 100 card tables set up with administrators from all of the schools.
    Candidates were held in a waiting pen until escorted to their assigned card table for a 15-20 minute interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

After applying on-line there is an interview with the head custodian followed by an interview with the principal. After the last interview there is a 1 week wait for the results. If you get the job there is another interview where they offer you the job.

Gwinnett Bus Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Lengthy. It really depended on previous employers completing their part of the survey that is required by Gwinnett. You had to make sure your background check came back clean because the Company will turn you around if anything shows you are not permitted to be around kids. Once passed, the interview is a breeze. They ask questions more geared towards can you manage a school bus? Kids? and can you abide by state and federal laws. After that, you go through a 6 week paid training. Then you're on the road!

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

many volunteer hours, get to know everyone, work in many areas

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Substitute teachers rarely go through a formal interview. Your work in the classroom is your interview. Long term substitutes or substitutes that sub at the same school are more likely to get hired especially if the teacher is already certified. The students and staff took very well to me from day one and my work ethic and classroom management caught the attention of administration. Soon I was being asked to apply for a teacher position and within two months I was hired.

Bus Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

Make sure references are available as this is one area that is definitely scrutinized. The interview process is pretty streamlined. They conduct a criminal background check as part of their vetting process and the drug test and physical comes a little bit later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Here is the pay rate and there are no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Attended a job fair and interviewed on the spot by two principals. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Norcross, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I did not apply through the online employee site. I directly emailed the department chair at the recommendation of another teacher at my student teaching site. I did a phone screen with the department chair. Then I had a sit-down interview with an Assistant Principal and the Principal. Next, I did a sample lesson that was video recorded since I interviewed over the summer. The last step was a quick phone call with the principal at which point I accepted a position. I was able to select my teaching assignment as they had multiple positions open in the department.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. As a new teacher they ask the expected teaching questions. What is your teaching philosophy? What is you classroom management style?   Answer Question

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Snellville, GA) in October 2008.

Interview

The process begiins with a class going over what will be on the CDl exam. then you go through the process of the backgrond check and drug test. Next is when you fill out the application and there can be no gaps at all in your work history from the age of 16 on. At anytime during this process, your application can be declined. If you make it through this process, there is a 2 week class training period. If you make it through that, there is a period of time driving on the range getting sed to the bus. Then you must take the CDL test and pass. After that, there is a period when you must drive with another driver and drive kids. Very long and drawn out process to earn $12 and hour for 185 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. it was offered and I accepted.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

My best suggetion is to attend the job fairs.

Interview Questions

• Which of the following leads to a successful classoom teacher? Knowledge of subject, or love of children?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Years of service since I came from the private sector. They will add years of service.