Gwinnett Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.5

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Duluth, GA).

Interview

It was fairly easy and simple. It honestly just felt like a conversation. My manager was very fun and easy-going. They asked about previous work experience, what you would do in situational problems, and your future goals.

Nurse Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Multi-step interview process - Initial online screening followed by invitation to "Open House" to meet with the management team from hiring units. Applicant chose top 3 units to meet in order of preference. Resume was provided to interviewer and a 3-question speed interview was conducted. Approximately 2 weeks later, applicant was invited for a 6 person panel interview and was contacted the following week by HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult patient?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the steps of starting an IV.   Answer Question
    • What's the worst mistake you've ever made at work and what have you taken steps to prevent similar mistakes moving forward?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond for your patient, if so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was non-negotiable.

Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

The interview was conducted in a one on 1 fashion with the owner of the practice who also happens to be the Surgeon. After being referred to him from another group practice that was familiar with my skill set in A/R reduction was how I got the Interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make a difference with my A/R   1 Answer

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for an open house, where applicants meet hiring managers from various units and locations. Interviews were conducted at that time or a separate interview on the unit at the manager's discretion. My manager did not require a second interview, I received a call with an offer after meeting at the open house 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this unit?
      Do you have any experiences in this area?
      Come prepared with questions to ask.   Answer Question

Nurse Residency Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center.

Interview

Filled out and application online and received an invitation for an open house. Attended the open house, met with staff, and received 2 interviews. Attended those interviews and was offered a job.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was interviewed by two people and was very basic. The manager read word for word from a book asking me standard questions. The on boarding process was the longest. It took about one month to actually start my job which the first day is orientation (a long day of power points).

Interview Questions

• Name a time how you resolved a problem with a customer/coworker.   1 Answer

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was with multi-focal. There were many different interviewers, from multiple layers of staff and management. In addition to the on-line psychological profile questionnaire, a drug screen and background check was required.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center in September 2015.

Interview

Called by HR on Monday, if I recall correctly. Interview Tuesday and hired on the spot. I was drug tested the same day. The clinical coordinator and Manager interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• I had just interviewed with another manager at another location, so the focus was on them telling me why I should work on that unit instead. Sweet huh?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a slight increase in salary. We bargained in the middle.

Sterile Processing Tech Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center.

Interview

I met 2 managers and they basically read out of a book questions that did not even pertain to the job at all. They acted like it was a higher up managerial job. They did not give me a yes or nountil 5 days later still no word on salary. Human resources was supposed to cAll me next day with info they did not until a week later. I took another job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Process took way too long. Human resources needs to be quicker on getting back to people

PRN Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gwinnett Medical Center (Duluth, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Friendly and comfortable interview. The manager asked questions about my background, previous experiences, and professional experience. We discussed the facility, job description, responsibilities, the types of disciplines housed in the facility, and types of patients seen, schedule, etc.