Gymboree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Horrible, very rude staff. Leave you waiting with no phone calls back after promising to call. Basic common courtesy could go a long way in the company. Do not recommend any qualified people apply

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gymboree (Denver, CO).

Interview

Indepth questions about past management experience, scenario type questions on leadership, goals, driving sales, and protecting company assets. Ability to lead, customer service and knowing business acumen. Driving the business and managing payroll also included

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

Easily applied online and was called less than a week later for an interview. Arrived at the store and ended up waiting about 30 minuets for the assistant manager to interview me, because she misplaced my application! The interview process was held in the very center of the mall (which was very noisy) and took about 40 minuets. Was told that I would get a call from the head manager the very next day for a second interview, but never did. Called back to see if I had the job, and was pretty much told that I didn't get it. Did not like the assistant manager's snobby attitude.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Sandy, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked the normal question about how I'd handle situations. I was then told they needed help and I got the job. That's was all. They didn't talk about my pay, my benefits or anything.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very standard interview process. In person interview with a lot of open ended questions. Pretty straight forward. About seven question ranging from customer service, challenges, personality, roles in previous position, etc

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

Very chill, but again the woman who interviewed me was let go not too long after I started working there. Only interviewed by 1 person. She never called me letting me know I got the position even though she said she would let me know. I had to call and ask.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (North Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Online. Met with store manager. Asked retail question why I wanted to work for the company. What could I bring to the company. Filled out paper application. Said I would be contacted by the district manager, district manager she liked me got a job offer after background check came back.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

Interviewed with the Regional. Was an internal candidate, so there was already a relationship with them. Interview was comfortable with questions on how you would drive sales, build relationships with team, and live within the values of the company. Lots of questions about legendary customer service.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

Saw the offer on a website and applied online on their website. Got an email from the District Manager two days later and we set up an in person interview. After the first interview I had a phone interview with another Store Manager a week later. Another week went by and i was offered a sales lead position. Pretty simple interview but the process did take awhile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were responsible for a rather difficult task with little to no help. How did you go about it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this sales lead position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you different than my other candidates?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Rogers, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online I got a call from the store manager at Gymboree to set up a time to interview. Showed up to the interview in business professional, got taken to the back room where it was a little messy and had the interview there. I interviewed with the assistant manager first and she actually had a list of interview questions that the company gives now. She was very sweet and nice though!

A lot of the questions are more focused on your childhood, your accomplishments, etc.
    Go with questions written down to ask the interviewer too, and dress like you mean it. They love it.

The interview was only like 20-30 minutes. It ended with a roleplay of me 'selling' the assistant manager a little girl's dress, shoes, and matching bowtie. When selling stuff they really want you to ask open ended questions so the customer cannot finish the conversation with the typical "Nah I'm just looking."

After that, I was told I did well and that they'll call me for a second interview within the week. Got the call a few days later, went to the interview dressed well again. Met the store manager, and she didn't even really interview me, she just started printing the new hire paperwork and just had normal conversation of how things work in the store and all.

Interview Questions

• (I didn't have any work experience so some questions didn't apply to me)

Why Gymboree?
      What would you do if you were working in a team and someone else wasn't doing their job?
      Describe a time in your childhood where you received a toy and how it made you feel.
      Describe a competition you had in your childhood.
      Describe one of your greatest accomplishments.
      Describe a time you saw someone doing something wrong and what you did about it.

Just be super friendly and passionate about children/childhood stuff and doing the right thing, but be honest.   Answer Question