Gymboree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.4

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Rogers, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online I got a call from the store manager at Gymboree to set up a time to interview. Showed up to the interview in business professional, got taken to the back room where it was a little messy and had the interview there. I interviewed with the assistant manager first and she actually had a list of interview questions that the company gives now. She was very sweet and nice though!

A lot of the questions are more focused on your childhood, your accomplishments, etc.
    Go with questions written down to ask the interviewer too, and dress like you mean it. They love it.

The interview was only like 20-30 minutes. It ended with a roleplay of me 'selling' the assistant manager a little girl's dress, shoes, and matching bowtie. When selling stuff they really want you to ask open ended questions so the customer cannot finish the conversation with the typical "Nah I'm just looking."

After that, I was told I did well and that they'll call me for a second interview within the week. Got the call a few days later, went to the interview dressed well again. Met the store manager, and she didn't even really interview me, she just started printing the new hire paperwork and just had normal conversation of how things work in the store and all.

Interview Questions

• (I didn't have any work experience so some questions didn't apply to me)

Why Gymboree?
      What would you do if you were working in a team and someone else wasn't doing their job?
      Describe a time in your childhood where you received a toy and how it made you feel.
      Describe a competition you had in your childhood.
      Describe one of your greatest accomplishments.
      Describe a time you saw someone doing something wrong and what you did about it.

Just be super friendly and passionate about children/childhood stuff and doing the right thing, but be honest.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy and the questions were not hard, the conversation with the manager just flowed. It was a group interview with 2 other people and we took turns answering the questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

I arrived at the store . We interviewed in the food court. The questions were very basic they all pertained to my goal and where I would like to in the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gymboree in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted almost immediately by the recruiter. The recruiter emailed me to setup a phone screen and talk about the company, team and the role.

During the call, the recruiter asked me if I have a knowledge of a very specific Point-of-Sale system. I said no and she said this role requires knowledge of this system. Here's the thing: this system was never shown in the job description.

I am not sure what is the deal here but the job is still posted on their website and LinkedIn WITHOUT any mention of this specific system as a requirement.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge of the (insert name of a system used only by retailers)?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Wayne, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

She was very brief and was quick to ask questions. Like she was desperate to hire. She was also very new and was getting a feel of the new store. I had no direction whatsoever and had to basically train myself.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have more than 1 customer at a time who needs assistance?   1 Answer

Sales Lead, Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gymboree (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was already working here at a lower position, so the District Manager called me on the phone at work. She told me she heard a lot about me from Managers from different Gymboree in different cities and asked how I react to certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If one of my coworkers had a attitude with me and customers how would I react?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negogiate. I already knew what I wouldn't get so I didn't ask for anything past it.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Lehi, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

We went to back office where we discussed the information on my resume and application. We talked about building on sales and how company goals work. I was only looking for a second job at the time, seasonal. The possibility of my coming on permanently and moving up in company was discussed. I said I would think about it.

Interview Questions

• What was something at work I needed to improve on in past?   Answer Question
    • NDid I have a desire to be permanent and move up in the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available, everyone starts at this pay regardless of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

The interview was short, about 20 minutes, and very straightforward. I was interview by the store manager in the back room of the store. When the interview was finished, she said we would be in touch. I received a phone call two days later asking me to return to the store, when they made me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gymboree (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application and turned it in on the same day. About a month later they called me back for an interview. The interview was very easy, they mostly look to see if you are friendly. A week later the manager had called me and told me she wanted to hire me, but my reference numbers were not answering so I was not offered the job. I was very disappointed that I didn't get the job because of a failed-reference call.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Brea, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Originally applied at Crazy 8, its the same company so they shared my application with Gymboree. I was called in the next day to speak briefly with the manger. She pretty much guaranteed me a position but would have to wait a few days.