Gymboree Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.0

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very standard interview process. In person interview with a lot of open ended questions. Pretty straight forward. About seven question ranging from customer service, challenges, personality, roles in previous position, etc

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you remember from your childhood.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Brea, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Originally applied at Crazy 8, its the same company so they shared my application with Gymboree. I was called in the next day to speak briefly with the manger. She pretty much guaranteed me a position but would have to wait a few days.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was a 30 min interview.very basic easy questions. Manager said she would let me know if i got the job. About a week later i got a voicemail to see if i was still interested. I had called back and she had asked me to come in that day to fill out paper work!

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to work together as a team to accomplish a common goal   Answer Question

Negotiation

i asked for 10.00 she had put 10.30

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected very basic questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to go through h.r as normal to aprove the payrate

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. You apply online or in person.

2. Interview with store manager.

3. Interview with district manager

4. If the District Manager likes you, you have the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. They will ask you how many hours you expect. If you expect a lot, they won't hire you. Say you're open (18-30hrs max a week, usually on the lower side is what they give you).

2. They ask for your availability. Have no life and be able to dedicate your hours here and you'll be fine. Be open.

3. Go on and on about how you're great at customer service.

4. Go on and on about how you are great at selling.

5. If they do a roleplay with you, the key to success is point out sales (signs are everywhere) and add additional item to what they ask for.

6. Make sure you mention how you are the best at loss prevention and how you're always aware of your surroundings.

The questions will be centered around the above. Your answers should include all of them.

Additional:
      They do no drug test and their background checks consist of simply calling your refs. The company is too cheep to pay for drug tests or background checks. Which is why you end up with a staff that are on drugs, have issues with the law, or have a police record. People would come to work high or drunk, and if they could hide it they got away with it. It was horrible.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You won't get much. Nothing higher than $12. Usually $8-$9.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Sherman Oaks, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with district manager, followed by two follow ups with two different store managers. Easy questions about customer service and the retail sector.