Gymboree Sales Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gymboree Sales Lead Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.4

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

I am typically very nervous during interviews. For this job there were two interviews. The first was at the mall. The manager made me feel very comfortable and didn't ask any questions I wasn't expecting. The second interview was over the phone due to poor weather conditions. It Was the most relaxed interview ever! I felt like I was having a conversation with a friend. The DMX gave examples when asking questions so there was no ambiguity as to what she was asking of me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a negative experience with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • What can you do to try to lower theft in the store?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had to speak with someone you were managing who was doing something against company policy? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gymboree

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (North Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Online. Met with store manager. Asked retail question why I wanted to work for the company. What could I bring to the company. Filled out paper application. Said I would be contacted by the district manager, district manager she liked me got a job offer after background check came back.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

Saw the offer on a website and applied online on their website. Got an email from the District Manager two days later and we set up an in person interview. After the first interview I had a phone interview with another Store Manager a week later. Another week went by and i was offered a sales lead position. Pretty simple interview but the process did take awhile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were responsible for a rather difficult task with little to no help. How did you go about it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this sales lead position?   Answer Question
    • What makes you different than my other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Really quick interview. Manager was nice. Received a phone call from the District Manger to set up a interview the the Gymboree Outlet that was opening in my area. The interview was schedule the next week. There was interview going for that entire day. Got a call within the week for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handled a team member that not preforming well?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate this was an extra job for me.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gymboree (Greensboro, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

She asked me the basic questions like do i have retail experience and experience with kids. She also asked me the basic questions like what are my strengths and weaknesses and she asked about my flexibility with hours and that was kind of it and then the rest of the interview i just asked her questions to make sure i was aware with the tasks i will be in charge of.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with kids?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very short and informal. I was asked basic questions. The store was in need of a sales lead so it was a quick fill for them. I interviewed with the SM in person then had a phone interview with the DM. Both were relatively short and I was qualified for the position so they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered an unhappy customer.. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Altamonte Springs, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview wasnt that horrible. They ask you a couple questions, let you go on the floor and greet a few customers so they can get a feel of your customer skills. One interview is with the store manager and one with the Assistant with similar questions

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions about yourself and testing your customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Mansfield, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and easy. It was one on one w district manager and lasted only about 30 mins. Consisted of about 7-8 different questions of previous work or life experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a childhood memory and how that has shaped the person you are today.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Freehold, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Very brief and structured. Hiring manager read from a template (a bunch of papers) and scribbled notes. Questions were fine but seemed wordy and repetitive. Many seemed unrelated to the position for which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I went in. I was already a sales associate so there wasn't much of an interview process. Afterwards the manager was on the phone with the district manager who asked if I was "cute." I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unruly customer?   1 Answer