H E B Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.4

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Round Rock, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

very nice light . Mangers were nice and very talkative easy to talk to. Perfect for college student cheaper gas and food yay ! So i would recommend that you apply

Interview Questions

• how to deal with angry customer   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B (Elgin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

They had us all wait in a waiting room until they were ready for us and then took us into their meeting room for a group interview. Basically they have everyone introduce themselves to the group and ask questions of the entire group. Then they took us back into the waiting room and interviewed us individually.

Interview Questions

• What do you think great customer service is?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you remember where you experienced great customer service?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at HEB?   1 Answer

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

You will be invited for a one-on-one interview with your direct supervisor/manager. The interview was more like a conversation about my previous and current qualifications. The Meat Market manager and I talked about everything from the life of a retail worker to day-to-day operations. Ask your interviewer questions! They will most likely be more than happy to answer everything!

If all goes well, you'll interview with the Store Director, which is the final part of the interview process. In my particular case, I interviewed with the Store Director immediately after my potential direct Manager. It was also more like a conversation rather than an interview. Expect more general customer service and retail operations questions from he or she.

The interview process only took a day, with several days for a background check to clear. However, I had applied about one month before being called in for an interview.

Overall, It was a very laid back and comfortable interview: Very positive and fun experience!

Interview Questions

• Why H-E-B?   Answer Question
    • Where do you want to take your career with us?   Answer Question
    • Talk about any time you've had an issue with a co-worker, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any time you had an issue with a customer, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring team was friendly and awesome. I originally applied for one job, but they had switched me to another that wasn't available yet since it better suited my experience and skills. I spoke in a one-on-one with the hiring manager and a couple of the department managers to answer some personal experience questions, and discuss previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you went above and beyond at your previous workplace.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

A group interview with two others, we were asked a few personal questions as well as requested to try and push a HEB product. It was low stress thanks to the others in the interview and didn't involve much waiting around.

Interview Questions

• They gave us HEB products and told us to convince a fictional customer to buy them over the item they wanted.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very short and sweet. They wanted to know my availability and a bit of my work history to be explained. They wanted to know if I was comfortable with confrontation and unhappy customers. They wanted to know why I wanted to work for HEB and if company culture was important to me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time I gave excellent customer service   1 Answer

Drug Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview took a week process with the background check. Overall it's simple and easy. They have a 1:1 with the supervisor and one with the direct manager. After that they take you do a background check. I followed up 3 days later to see the status of the position I went for and got hired.

MI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online, after application approved then went through a phone screen. Once I was "ok'd" then it was a 3 round in person interview process. Started with a group interview, then two on one interview, and lastly a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of feedback that you received but didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Kyle, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day for a phone interview. Totally wasn't prepared but did well enough for a one on one interview. The interview was pretty easy until you have to sell at least one of the 5 random items they bring in to them. If you do well enough you'll talk to the GM. He was also nice but if he doesn't hire you on the spot, you most likely didn't get the job. Just FYI.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Service Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and got a call the next day. Just had my first interview. Pretty laid back. She only asked 3 questions and the rest of the convo was about my application(previous jobs and why I left, criminal background). Said she would give me a call within 5 hours to let me know if she was moving forward with me.