H E B Bagger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online one week later they send me a email saying to schedule an appointment, I scheduled my appointment at 9:30 on a Friday the interview was in my opinion was messed up they make you get up in front of a group an a HEB representative acts like if she is working and you have to pick two items from a table and try to sell those products to the person, I mean last time I checked HEB is a billion dollar company I'm sure they don't have to put their workers through all this for a job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I barely remember this interview its been a year but in order for glassdoor to give me free access to another interview that I want to study from. I say what I do remember. Well there's two interviews for HEB. One is with one person then if they like you you are in a group interview. They only want happy people not people who are rude and look mean. I noticed most of their employees are very social to us co-workers. This interview on the group you gotta try not to be shy, you have to be outgoing, and be in a good mood don't stress too much on it. I'm a quiet introverted person and I thought I had no chances cause I don't do well with working with groups. There's a part where they make you sell their product with a team of 2 people and you. These two interviews takes weeks and they call you to come in. Be patient just bring a happy personality. I got fired from this place because I kept coming a few minutes late, their are strict with their rules. And occasionally your going to get reminded to talk to people , if you cant handle greeting each 1 second then this is not a job for you. I'm not a extrovert it was stressing for me. Because I had been used to being quiet for many years . But I have worked there for a full year. The managers were really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call next day for a group interview. It was about 20 people all for different positions, they told us to draw a name tag for ourselves, introduce ourselves (name, favorite song, position you applied for), we drew ourselves working at heb 3 years from now and explained it then we got into groups of 3 and chose 2 ideas to try to sell to the managers. In the end they said if we didn't get a call in 5 days to keep looking for jobs. I got a call the next day after to come in for a one on one. I got there 20 minutes early and it went by really fast but she was really nice. The same thing was said at the end of the interview, if in 5 days they don't call, to keep looking for jobs, now I wait.

Bagger Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online around 5pm and the next morning around 10am I got a call. She asked questions mostly about criminal background and then they scheduled me for a person interview. After that interview she said I would have 5 days to be called for a second interview. The called me 2 days later for my second interview and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Have you or any family members worked at HEB?   Answer Question
    • What have you accomplished that you are proud of?   1 Answer
    • What have you done to give back to the community?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work at HEB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very friendly. Comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Ennis, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (Ennis, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a group interview with the store manager. The store manager gave us some colored pencils and told us to draw a picture explaining ourselves. He then left the orientation room to his office and awaited us to finish our drawings. About 15 minutes pass and he re-enters. He then asks us one by one in a circle to present our drawling and explain about ourselves staring with our names.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions
      Tell us about yourself?
      What are your hobbies?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What do you have to offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview #1 One on one more of a screening. Really easy.
    Interview #2 Group- Basic questions. There were 6 of us and we all received an offer. Two of us even got promoted to cashier right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Waco, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was 3 parts, first 2 managers met with about 8 applicants, the interview went for about an hour, they asked all kinds of questions about customer service, few days later, I get a call to meet with another manager, then later another call to meet with the store manager

Interview Questions

• If you are heading to work, wearing your HEB uniform and you met someone who asked for help what would you do?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B in August 2013.

Interview

Previously, I had filled out applications and received an e-mail that informed me that they would not be following through the interview process with me. Flash forward to about two weeks ago, I applied online once again, and received a call last week to come in for an interview.

When I came in for the interview, I was told to wait in the break room and I was handed a form to look over and sign. The form basically consisted of job descriptions and requirments, such as "Are/Can you willing to lift 20-50 lbs.?", stuff about paid training, etc. Once I had signed and dated the paper, I was pulled into a small office and given a full interview.

The interview was pretty standard. She (the central checkout manager, or at least one of them) started off by asking me about myself, why I wanted to work for H-E-B, what I knew about the company, availability, etc. I have to admit, I did feel a little intimidated, due to the fact that the interview was more in private than the other interviews that I had gone to. I think I could have worded things better, but alas, nerves got the best of me.

Initially, I had applied for a checkout positions, however the manager felt that I was best suited for a bagging position, with the option of moving up to being a checker within a few months.

I was offered the bagging job, and before I could give a response, she gave me a mini-lecture where she basically talked about how she expects a lot, and that if I have any problems with the work that comes with being a bagger, that I speak up now. I agreed that I would take the job, no matter how difficult it could be.

All-in-all, it was a pretty nice interview. It probably took about 30 or so minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• "What do you know about H-E-B as a company?"

"Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help others"

"How do you think your work impacts or influences others?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

I got a call after putting in an application.

It was a group interview. They hired everyone, but sometimes they wont.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer if they came to you with problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Edinburg, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

applied online they called me a week later for a group meeting and they called about a week after to hire me. they asked me to pretend to be a cashier