H E B Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.3

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

A group interview with two others, we were asked a few personal questions as well as requested to try and push a HEB product. It was low stress thanks to the others in the interview and didn't involve much waiting around.

Interview Questions

• They gave us HEB products and told us to convince a fictional customer to buy them over the item they wanted.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

I had submitted my application online and received a call to come to a group interview. I have never participated in a group interview before. There were about ten of us. We were blank paper and crayons which were broken and hard to work with. There were two managers taking notes and one manager who did all of the talking. I found the experience degrading. The two females never once smiled and it felt hostile. If you are an older person who is retired and looking for a position, forget it. After this group interview, they tell you they will notify you by the end of the day but they do not tell you when that is. I was frankly humiliated. It's all a matter of if they like you or not. I said the interview was difficult because It felt like "mean girls" watching us and judging us.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which one would you be and why?
      If you could live anywhere where would you live and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

This was a group interview with a full room of interviewees and one interviewer. Everyone in the group was asked the same questions and some interview items were even completed in groups.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

application - lucky if you get a call
    group interview
    manager interview
    hired if like you

Blah, blah, blah,,, they like to be selective and hire the best, difficult people. blah blah, blah, blah
    it is a cashier job where you are expected to deal with the BS, take all the racist crap that they trow at you all day and smile until you clock out

Interview Questions

• Just be nice, outgoing, service oriented, say yes to all their bs and you will be ok   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very short and sweet. They wanted to know my availability and a bit of my work history to be explained. They wanted to know if I was comfortable with confrontation and unhappy customers. They wanted to know why I wanted to work for HEB and if company culture was important to me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time I gave excellent customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was a three part process. Two one on one interviews followed up by a group interview. The managers had us partner on, puck a product and sell it to the rest of the group.Then a credit check and drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interactive group interview, call back for a second interview. Group interview they had us figuring out how to transport an egg without breaking it while managers watched. One on one interview was about 15 minutes. Got a job offer right then and there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call with two days. It was a group interview which I personally don't like. Makes it harder for more reserved people because it seemed like they were looking more so for people that made them laugh even though they were very unprofessional. Be prepared to have to pitch sell them a random item.

Interview Questions

• What do position do you not what to do?
      What's your experience?
      Best customer service you've experienced yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Did 2 interviews. First interview was a group interview and I hated it as I'm a bit introverted and to me it felt like an outgoing personality contest. I honestly was surprised I was called back. Second interview was one-on-one and that was great! Got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (Lake Jackson, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

About a week after I applied I was called and asked to come in for a group interview. The group interview was great, one of the best interviews I've ever been in. At the end they told us if we were selected to move forward in the process we would receive a call before 5pm the next day. I was called later that night and asked to come in for a one on one interview where I was asked a serious of questions, your typical interview questions, I was then offered a job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group trying to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting offer was great no need to negotiate.