H E B Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

application - lucky if you get a call
group interview
manager interview
hired if like you

Blah, blah, blah,,, they like to be selective and hire the best, difficult people. blah blah, blah, blah
it is a cashier job where you are expected to deal with the BS, take all the racist crap that they trow at you all day and smile until you clock out

Interview Questions

• Just be nice, outgoing, service oriented, say yes to all their bs and you will be ok   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was a three part process. Two one on one interviews followed up by a group interview. The managers had us partner on, puck a product and sell it to the rest of the group.Then a credit check and drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interactive group interview, call back for a second interview. Group interview they had us figuring out how to transport an egg without breaking it while managers watched. One on one interview was about 15 minutes. Got a job offer right then and there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call with two days. It was a group interview which I personally don't like. Makes it harder for more reserved people because it seemed like they were looking more so for people that made them laugh even though they were very unprofessional. Be prepared to have to pitch sell them a random item.

Interview Questions

• What do position do you not what to do?
      What's your experience?
      Best customer service you've experienced yourself?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Did 2 interviews. First interview was a group interview and I hated it as I'm a bit introverted and to me it felt like an outgoing personality contest. I honestly was surprised I was called back. Second interview was one-on-one and that was great! Got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (Lake Jackson, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

About a week after I applied I was called and asked to come in for a group interview. The group interview was great, one of the best interviews I've ever been in. At the end they told us if we were selected to move forward in the process we would receive a call before 5pm the next day. I was called later that night and asked to come in for a one on one interview where I was asked a serious of questions, your typical interview questions, I was then offered a job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group trying to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting offer was great no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H E B (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

My review is going to be great, I enjoy talking to people and helping them,leading them right answering questions the best I can. Also following the right procedures and being a great employee if

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Lufkin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 11 other people. I sat up front volunteered first for everything and then led the group project we were given (it was super easy just wanting to see how you work with others) I got a call two days later to come in for a second interview.

Cashier Interview

Interview

They were very nice and it was a low pressure environment. There were two rounds and they asked similar questions in both and sounded like they were trying to gauge interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you worked with a team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Friendswood, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

All HEB applications are done online. I then attended a walk-in career day at my store. I got there early so was taken right in. I interviewed with 3 levels of people and then the store manager. First questions were about job history and availability. I was then asked about different scenarios of what I would do in the store in different situations. I was shown a series of photos and asked to describe what was going on and what action should be taken. They were about customer issues, safety and professionalism. The store manager asked me a little about myself and told me about himself and HEB. Nothing was difficult, mostly common sense. They will ask if you are afraid to handle money.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you spot a safety issue in the store.   1 Answer