H E B Checker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.4

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H E B (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

manager was very kind and easy going, very basic questions took about a week to get hired and the there were a total of two interviews, one with the front end manager and the second which was the next day was with the store manager

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with angry customers   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and in the same day, I got a call for a group interview. I went in two days later for the interview and there were only about 4 people there so the manager decided to do one on one interviews instead. The manager was very friendly and I got a job offer after the interview. I got so lucky. Now I'm just waiting on the background check. Just be yourself and don't be nervous like I was because he did notice but said I did a good job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would be a good reason to miss work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application on HEB's website. A few days later I received an invitation for a video interview. The process was pretty painless. The typical questions were asked, like how can your previous job experiences help you in this position and what is your biggest strength/weakness. There were 3 video interview responses and then a written response for availability.

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Missouri City, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It's a 3 step process. First was the group interview where we went around the room and answered about 5 questions like what position would you want, describe a time you got good customer service, what position would you not want. Then there is a one on one interview with a manager and other one on one interview with the department manager.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Interviewed twice with 2 different people. 1st interview was just trying to get a feel for who you are and if you would be a good fit for the company, nothing hard, just trying to see if you're friendly and have a decent personality, very short. Then had a 2nd interview with the store manager (I think) immediately after, more typical interview questions and was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you came up short? What keeps you motivated?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement while working in a team. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your role as a cashier would be?   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. First interview was with two managers, second interview quickly followed. Was made a job offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and a few weeks later they called to set a interview. It was a group interview with like 10 other people. Mangers introduce themselves and then you introduce yourself using the questions they gave you. After that you have to try to sell the product given to you to them. Finally after then you're given a card with a situation on it, and then you're supposed to act and show them how you would handle it.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B in March 2017.

Interview

Received call on the phone for a slight over-the-phone interview and then got called to come up a few days later for a face-to-face interview. Then got called up for an interview with the GM the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very intense, in depth, staring into my soul. The interviewer asked detailed questions and went into the history of HEB and what it meant to work for them, as well as understanding my personal situation and where I saw myself in a few years and how they could accommodate that.

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The group interview was kinda challenging but all you have to do is make sure you are engaged and talking. One on one interview was very easy then I was asked to sign papers for background check then I was hired.