H E B Checker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.4

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Interviewed twice with 2 different people. 1st interview was just trying to get a feel for who you are and if you would be a good fit for the company, nothing hard, just trying to see if you're friendly and have a decent personality, very short. Then had a 2nd interview with the store manager (I think) immediately after, more typical interview questions and was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you came up short? What keeps you motivated?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had a disagreement while working in a team. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question
  • What do you think your role as a cashier would be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. First interview was with two managers, second interview quickly followed. Was made a job offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and a few weeks later they called to set a interview. It was a group interview with like 10 other people. Mangers introduce themselves and then you introduce yourself using the questions they gave you. After that you have to try to sell the product given to you to them. Finally after then you're given a card with a situation on it, and then you're supposed to act and show them how you would handle it.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B in March 2017.

Interview

Received call on the phone for a slight over-the-phone interview and then got called to come up a few days later for a face-to-face interview. Then got called up for an interview with the GM the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very intense, in depth, staring into my soul. The interviewer asked detailed questions and went into the history of HEB and what it meant to work for them, as well as understanding my personal situation and where I saw myself in a few years and how they could accommodate that.

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The group interview was kinda challenging but all you have to do is make sure you are engaged and talking. One on one interview was very easy then I was asked to sign papers for background check then I was hired.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

There are three interviews. Phone, one on one, and group interview. They'll call you and ask you a few questions, if you're good, they'll tell you to come in for an interview. One on one is kind of similar. If you do good they'll mention a group interview. Group interview is a bit more challenging basically competing to see who can provide the best customer service. They'll be looking for who's the most outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Q. What my favorite super hero was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online around June 14th and after hearing nothing for two weeks, I talked to my friend who was already a checker at that HEB and he said that when he applied, he kind of had to badger them so he suggested I call HEB and ask about my application because it'll show my interest in the job. Sure enough, two hours later, the HEB manager called me back, reviewed my application, asked me a few questions over the phone and then invited me to go to a one-on-one interview three days later. That interview only took about five minutes and and they scheduled me for another one-on-one interview two days later. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you 'lost your cool' with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Round Rock, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They ask you the usual questions for a normal job interview and also have you look at a book of pictures around the store or drawings and point out what is right or wrong in the situation

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied online and called a couple of times about my application. On one of the times i called they set me up for a interview and asked about my availability, if i committed any crimes. Went to the interview and got basic interview questions along with picture questions. Then 2 weeks later they called and scheduled me for a second interview and asked me questions then got the job.