H E B Checker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Checker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. First interview was with two managers, second interview quickly followed. Was made a job offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and a few weeks later they called to set a interview. It was a group interview with like 10 other people. Mangers introduce themselves and then you introduce yourself using the questions they gave you. After that you have to try to sell the product given to you to them. Finally after then you're given a card with a situation on it, and then you're supposed to act and show them how you would handle it.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First you get a group interview. In mine, it was 12 people. You sit in front of a panel of managers and they introduce themselves. After they are finished, each of people in the in the group interview stands up and introduces his or herself. You then get some coloring paper to write your name on, and then you are asked to fold it in 3 places as if you're presenting yourself. You then answer 5 interview questions, 1 scenario question, and do a group activity. The group activity is pitch-selling them a random product. Don't think too much into it. Just have fun, come out of your comfort zone, and stand out. Make you PARTICIPATE. The managers are just trying to see how you talk and behave with others. After the group interview, if selected, you are called to come in for a one on one interview, and if that goes well, you are offered a position. The first 5 interview questions below are the group interview questions. I did not add the scenario question because it is random. Questions 6-11 are the one on one interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The group interview was kinda challenging but all you have to do is make sure you are engaged and talking. One on one interview was very easy then I was asked to sign papers for background check then I was hired.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

There are three interviews. Phone, one on one, and group interview. They'll call you and ask you a few questions, if you're good, they'll tell you to come in for an interview. One on one is kind of similar. If you do good they'll mention a group interview. Group interview is a bit more challenging basically competing to see who can provide the best customer service. They'll be looking for who's the most outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Q. What my favorite super hero was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online around June 14th and after hearing nothing for two weeks, I talked to my friend who was already a checker at that HEB and he said that when he applied, he kind of had to badger them so he suggested I call HEB and ask about my application because it'll show my interest in the job. Sure enough, two hours later, the HEB manager called me back, reviewed my application, asked me a few questions over the phone and then invited me to go to a one-on-one interview three days later. That interview only took about five minutes and and they scheduled me for another one-on-one interview two days later. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you 'lost your cool' with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied online and called a couple of times about my application. On one of the times i called they set me up for a interview and asked about my availability, if i committed any crimes. Went to the interview and got basic interview questions along with picture questions. Then 2 weeks later they called and scheduled me for a second interview and asked me questions then got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Granbury, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (Granbury, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview, came in for a one-on-one interview, called to come back in for a group interview. During the group interview, had to act out scenarios: selling a product, dealing with an angry customer, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when, at your previous job, you experienced some kind difficulty with management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Cypress, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A couple days later I got a phone call from the customer service director. She asked me a few questions regarding if I have any discrepancies with my background, if I have any felonies or misdemeanors, why I wanted to work at HEB. She then scheduled to interview me 1:1 a couple days later. I initially applied for checker but I was informed that they do not directly hire cashiers. I would have to start as a bagger and that it's pretty easy to go up from there. I asked her questions about benefits. Unfortunately I am not eligible until I believe 6 months or a year into employment. After the 1:1 I did a meet and greet with the unit director who signed the paperwork to okay me for hire. A background check was then initiated which took a few days. I was contacted by the customer service director to fill out new employee paperwork online. My first day will be on Monday! I will list all interview questions that I was asked. I will not give out my responses but rather tips.

Additional interview questions:

A customer is in the express lane with over 15 items and has already loaded their items. The customer behind them has far less items. What would you do?

Tell me a time you went above and beyond for the customer.

What's a good reason to miss work? How many "sick" days do you think is appropriate?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at HEB?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to work as a team.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you disagreed with a supervisor.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you had to deal with a frustrated customer.   1 Answer
    • If a customer noticed that cleaning supplies were bagged with meat what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brenham, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Brenham, TX).

Interview

it was a very interesting interview they called me back within 3 days after applying for a group interview. Missed school for it because they only do them Monday's at 3 here. We all met upstairs in the break room and waited together. They sat us all around a table with boxes of crayons and got started